Horrible cook with picky 2-yo. Need major help please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hahaha.......he is or was a great doctor........always made an inexperienced mom feel like she was halfway competent...............that's all we need guys.......a pat on the back so do you.....so here is your pat....

Offer the child a well balanced diet using a wide variety of foods...very few snacks etc. especially if she does not eat...If she doesn't eat at a meal here and there...don't force the issue...When she gets hungry she will eat...and I promise she want starve herself to death!!

right on uncle bob. when my kids were growing up, that is what i did. a bite of everything on table was the rule. no exceptions! if they found something they really liked, i would make it for them again. but no special meals for them .

come to think of it, that is how i grew up. lol

i believe it was gesel that did a study on balanced diets for children. read it many years ago so don't remember locations, etc. the meat of the thing was children were presented with many choices of food at each meal. the doctors found that over the course of the week they ate a balanced diet.

they will not starve. no snacks, except a piece of fruit. it works and is less stressful on everyone.

babe

Back
Top Bottom