Hot and sour paste?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gingerlaurie

Assistant Cook
Happy Thanksgiving my neighbours to the south!! Hope you have an AMAZING holiday.:)

For those of you that aren't busy right at the moment, I have a question. Yesterday I bought some "Hot and Sour Paste" (I'm cooking mainly Asian cuisine as of late), thinking I could surely use it in my creations. Now....I'm a bit stumped.....a little intimidated, I think. Not sure exactly what to pair it with....soup broth, I'm assuming, but I am also making a great deal of stir-fries, etc. I don't eat seafood (yes, I know....I'll take my lashings!) so any suggestions would be great! How to mix it, how much...not a great deal online that I've found.

I also picked up some Sweet Soy Sauce....OMG, have you tried it? It basically tastes like a mix of molasses and soy sauce! I could drink it out of the bottle. :LOL:

Thanks in advance!!

Happy Thanksgiving my neighbours to the south!! Hope you have an AMAZING holiday.:)

I also picked up some Sweet Soy Sauce....OMG, have you tried it? It basically tastes like a mix of molasses and soy sauce! I could drink it out of the bottle. :LOL:.

Thanks in advance!!

I never heard of sweet soy sauce, but it sounds good. Is it like Teriyaki? How/where would you use it? Do you think mixing soy and molassas would be a good substitute?:chef:

I haven't been able to find Teriyaki so I've been mixing soy sauce with ginger and brown sugar to get that teriyaki flavor. It's very good

Last edited:
It tastes different than teriyaki somehow....and it's super thick, close to the consistency of molasses. I imagine you could use it as a dipping sauce, even...it would likely thin out a bit if you added heat. Either way, it has a distinctive taste!

Back
Top Bottom