Hot dog chili and chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Groundd

Assistant Cook
Hello,

My wife and I are going to throw a get together with some friends of ours and we wanted to do the typical outdoor menu for the fall with a cookout.

So we are going to have hot dogs with hot dog chili to top the hot dogs with. However, we did not want this to be the only option on the main dish. So is there a good chili that could double as a stand alone chili and still taste good on a hot dog, or does it not matter? I guess I want the chili to taste good without the hot dog, and don't want the hot dog to "ruin" the taste of a "normal" chili.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi and welcome to DC. :)

Somewhere I posted a super chilli recipe which was by Simon Hopkinson. If I can't find it, I'll PM it to you. Should partner hotdogs very well.

Linux.

Thanks for the suggestion and the PM. I got your PM right as I found your original post. The chili sounds like it would taste really good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion and the PM. I got your PM right as I found your original post. The chili sounds like it would taste really good.

Goodo! - yessss, that chilli went down really well with my family during World Cup. Though I am sure you're aware jalapeños are pretty much Jumping Jack Flash, so go easy on 'em. Unless you have a cast iron gut like me. :LOL:

I love hot stuff so they wouldn't bother me. But it might effect my guests lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom