Hot Sauces ranked by Scoville units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is just crazy hot. I love hot sauce but why bother if it is all burn and no taste. Think I will stick to my favourite three. My own, tabasco and sriracha.

That is just crazy hot. I love hot sauce but why bother if it is all burn and no taste. Think I will stick to my favourite three. My own, tabasco and sriracha.

Those really hot ones are used as ingredients, usually added by an eye dropper. Just the end of a tooth pick dipped in is enough to blow your head off if taken straight up!:ohmy:

Yep. Da Bomb is just too hot. I tend more to the Louisiana style sauces made from jalepenos. For more heat, maybe a habenero sauce.

If you are a hot sauce aficionado then you probably have a few bottles piling up in your cabinet. The good news is that most of them will keep- opened and un-refrigerated- for at least three years.

I'm a fan of 'just right' Franks Hot Sauce, 'mine is just right' said the baby bear.

Those really hot ones are used as ingredients, usually added by an eye dropper. Just the end of a tooth pick dipped in is enough to blow your head off if taken straight up!:ohmy:

I have tried a few. Not a great idea unless you want to swap your TP for a cold wash cloth lol. I can handle heat but some sauces are beyond a pleasant burn.

Among others, I use Tapatio Salsa Picante. It's about the middle of your list. Much hotter than that reminds of a guy bragging his moonshine is undrinkable.

Last edited:
When it comes to hot sauces, I've been making my own fermented sauce for about 7 years now. It always turns out a little different from year to year.

I do have a few commercial sauces in the fridge. A few of my favorites are Cholula's Chipotle Flavor, El Yucateco (both red & green), and NOH Hawaiian Hot Sauce. There's also a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce that probably hasn't been opened in over a year. Oh, and I have a bottle of Sriracha, too, but I keep it mostly for guests. I don't really care that much for the flavor myself.

Craig knows from experience about what happens. He and his oldest brother were having a hot sauce tasting after a few beers. They both dumped several drops of Dave's Insanity on crackers and popped them in their mouths. Red faces, sweating, nearly crying, couldn't talk for several minutes. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or call 911.

When it comes to hot sauces, I've been making my own fermented sauce for about 7 years now. It always turns out a little different from year to year.

I do have a few commercial sauces in the fridge. A few of my favorites are Cholula's Chipotle Flavor, El Yucateco (both red & green), and NOH Hawaiian Hot Sauce. There's also a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce that probably hasn't been opened in over a year. Oh, and I have a bottle of Sriracha, too, but I keep it mostly for guests. I don't really care that much for the flavor myself.
Have you ever shared your fermented hot sauce recipe? :chef:

Back
Top Bottom