How about 3-4 ingredient recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Sometimes I don't feel like following a recipe with a lot of ingredients, just want to make a simple meal , it can be in the skillet, crockpot, dutch oven, regular oven. Sometimes I will just open a can of Tuna, a can of cream of whatever soup I have on hand and cook some noodles with it. Or even a can of ham, can of chicken breast instead of tuna.

Unless I am trying to empty out the fridge, I seldom have more than four or five ingredients in my meals. A lot of pasta dishes are that way for me.

Steak, salt, pepper.

Pasta, olive oil, garlic

Omlet = Eggs, cheese, bacon

Pilaf = Rice, butter, pasta, chicken broth.

Tuna Salad = Canned tuna, mayonnaise, minced onion.

Steak, salt, pepper.

Pasta, olive oil, garlic

Omlet = Eggs, cheese, bacon

Pilaf = Rice, butter, pasta, chicken broth.

Tuna Salad = Canned tuna, mayonnaise, minced onion.
Looks like the same things I cook and use ;)

Unless I am trying to empty out the fridge, I seldom have more than four or five ingredients in my meals. A lot of pasta dishes are that way for me.
I enjoy pasta dishes too, sometimes all I need is one or two ingredients to make it really tasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemon Chicken Pasta.

Brown chopped chicken breast in a pan. Add cooked pasta, lemon juice and coarse oregano. Stir over heat to let pasta pick up browned bits from bottom of pan. Add a bit of finely shredded mozza and black pepper.

Lemon Chicken Pasta.

Brown chopped chicken breast in a pan. Add cooked pasta, lemon juice and coarse oregano. Stir over heat to let pasta pick up browned bits from bottom of pan. Add a bit of finely shredded mozza and black pepper.
mmmm sounds delicious! thanks for sharing.

Yogurt, chicken, tandori massala

Flour, salt, beer

cucumber, onion, lemon juice.

and that`s what I`m having tonight :)

Yogurt, chicken, tandori massala

Flour, salt, beer

cucumber, onion, lemon juice.

and that`s what I`m having tonight :)
sounds good except for the beer ;) I don't drink or use alcohol in anything, but that is just me, I don't like the taste. :ermm:

meh, the alc content is only 4.5% and soon vanishes when toasted.
you don`t really taste it ether, it works as a raising agent more than anything else ;)

each to his own though :D

Mix bowtie pasta with a lot of butter, some barely cooked scrambled eggs and a little parm cheese.

This comfort food is great for someone who doesn't feel well, and even better for someone who does!

Lee

diced potatoes with chopped onions and bacon. (salt, pepper and any other sesoning you like.) just fry it up.

french toast - bread, eggs, cinnamon, syrup

my fav - bag o' salad, 1 cooked chicken breast( cut into pieces), can of black beans, can of corn. (and whatever dressing you like)

Salt and pepper don't count as ingredients, right? They're in practically everything, or should be ;)

Chicken Paprika: Mash 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper together to form a paste. Carefully loosen the skin from 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts and work butter under the skin. Sprinkle the skins with 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Broil skin side down on center rack 12-16 minutes, flip over, broil another 10-16 minutes till skin is slightly crispy. Move pan to highest rack and broil till skin is brown and crisp, about 1 minute.

peanut butter, toast, maple syrup.

sliced potatoes, onion, oil, salt, pepper.. fry the potatoes with onion--a meal in itself

Macaroni and cheese(box mix), can of chili beans. Make the mac& cheese, stir in the chili beans... surprisingly tasty..

Fry up hamburger with onion and garlic--loose meat sandwiches..

Fresh tuna, wasabi, pickled ginger, soy sauce....

One of my favorite dish. Boiled scented rice with ghee, boiled potatoes and half boiled egg and a chili.

Smash all of them with a pinch of salt and enjoy the taste.

We had marinated and grilled (boneless) chicken last night with wild rice, bearnaise sauce and green beans. The girls also got apples and bananas.

Tonight it was a BLT. But with good bread and field greens (lettuce snob here).

Good food sure doesn't need to be complicated!

Back
Top Bottom