How can I salvage this recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaDiDah

Assistant Cook
I need new reading glasses I guess cuz I switched coconut oil for coconut milk and made this gelatinous, greasy concoction:

1/4 c chia seeds
3/4 cup coconut water
2 t sugar
6 T coconut oil
1/2 t grated ginger

What can I add to make this edible? It's not very sweet and I can barely taste the ginger or coconut.

I have on hand:

strawberries
oranges
bing cherries
raisins
dates
dried cherries
dark chocolate
coconut milk
shredded coconut
coconut cream
gluten free pancake mix
walnuts
almonds
dried cranberries

I'm open to suggestions! Help!

Hi, and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

Sorry, but what is it supposed to be? ;) It's hard to make suggestions when I can't tell what the end product should be like.

I have three serving sizes of it, so added one to a smoothie of whey protein, pineapple juice and coconut water. It was delicious and creamy!

I am going to see if I can create some baked item using my gluten free pancake mix. Maybe gingerbread or cornbread.

I am open to hearing more suggestions though.

Made some chocolate pudding from scratch and stirred in one serving of this. Delicious and I liked the texture of the chia.

I have one more serving left. I made cornbread but decided to add fresh corn to it instead of the chia mixture. I might just make more pudding using coconut milk and toasted coconut.

It sounds like you found your own solutions to your "mistake". That's a good thing indeed. I'm nearly ignorant about the wonders of chia seeds and because of your post here, I want to learn more. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom