"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #41
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You're welcome! We do go on a bit...
don't know what you mean darlin'.....!!

Old 10-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
well addie they've all got one thing in common imo,they are career crazy/power hungry politicians with their eye on re-election instead of having it firmly on sorting out the mess we are all in.we do have some good eggs in parliament but they are kept firmly on the back benches...wonder why eh?
bloody? i think it's lost some of it's punch ever since ron weasly started letting rip with "bloody hell harry" in the potter films...luvvit!!
few theories where it originated from...everything from the war of the roses,through blasphemous invoking of the virgin mary's name to bloody drunk meaning someone had so much alcohol in their bloodstream that they would fight anyone.what's your fav addie?
Well, I don't think I would want to get 'bloody' drunk since I don't drink. But I do like the idea of punching some sense into the powers that be and can't seem to get their act together. I do love that word 'bloody' though. It has so much punch when said with that English accent.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, I don't think I would want to get 'bloody' drunk since I don't drink. But I do like the idea of punching some sense into the powers that be and can't seem to get their act together. I do love that word 'bloody' though. It has so much punch when said with that English accent.
....better still with a welsh accent matey!!not that i have one,when people hear me speaking they do say i sound "posh"......if only they knew eh?if only they knew........!!

Tags
oil, potato, potatoes