How do I chop Maraschino Cherries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Settler

Assistant Cook
How can I successfully chop maraschino cherries? I've tried my nut chopper but it ends up a gooey mess. I need this for a cookie recipe. :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
How small do you need them? A pulse in a food processor or a minute under a chefs knife should work.

If you're making cookies, you just need them cut in half. Your trusty slicer will do just fine.

Knife! unless you are making something for a huge group, you can have them chopped before you can even bend over and reach in and move stuff out of the way and get that heavy motor out and then find the bowl and then the top and then the blade and then plug it in after you clear off the space on your counter next to the plug:ROFLMAO:

Not to mention the cleaning time after.

I would have to agree with Katie E unless you are pretty good with a knife, then you can
cut them into halves or quarters. I use the kitchen shears alot when I cut my cherries
making my peach jam.

Is the appearance a huge factor? When I make cherry biscotti, I usually dry the cherries off and drop them in with the dough and let the paddle do the "chopping."

I am a gizmoholic, trying to recover, Yet I always reach to the simplest of tools, in this case it would be the knife.

A little spray of cooking spray on knife or scissors may help keep them from sticking so much
:chef: For a few, my tool of choice is either a good sharp knife or a pair of scissors, but I've never sprayed those to keep them from sticking. I've really never had a problem with sticking with just plain maraschino cherries. The candied ones are a little different story though.

Back
Top Bottom