How do I cook a custom energy bar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napr0xen

Assistant Cook
How would I go about cooking the following ingredients into an energy bar? Thanks.

Oats, Maltodextrine, Chai Tea, Dark Choclate, Debydrated Chyanne Chillis, Dehydrated Figs, Froot Loops Powder, Whey Protien

Why on earth would you want to? Froot Loops powder? Really?​

Try this:

Superbutter® Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients:

· 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
· 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats)
· ½ tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla (2 Fold) Extract
· 2 overripe bananas, mashed
· ½ cup smooth or crunchy Superbutter®
· 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
· 2 Tbs milk or a milk alternative (almond, coconut, soy, etc.)
· 2 Tbs Amoretti® Premium Maple Syrup
· ½ tsp Amoretti® Cinnamon Oil Extract
· ½ cup raisins
· ½ tsp Amoretti® Chocolate Crème de Cacao Extract
· ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and oats with a whisk.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the bananas and superbutter until smooth. Continue to beat as you add the apples, almond milk, and maple syrup. Add the flour and oats mixture and continue beating until combined.
Evenly divide the dough into two bowls. Add the cinnamon oil extract and raisins to one bowl and the Crème de Cacao extract and chocolate chips to the other bowl.
Drop mixture by the ¼ cupful onto the prepared baking sheets and flatten them with the back of a spoon. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until light golden brown. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move them to wire racks to cool completely.

Maybe take the standard Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie/Bar recipe and stir in your other stuff, may need to bake a bit longer. You can reduce the sweetener and liquids in the original recipe to make room for your list.

Last edited:
I need the ingredients to be as simple as possible, I just need the ingredients in my bar to stick, I think.

Try taking your ingredients, mixing them together adding liquid if needed, and dehydrating the mix like you would a fruit rollup, either in a dehydrator or in a very low oven. Then cut into bars.

Will This Work? I took a oatmeal energy bar receipe and took some ingredients off. Those ingredients were raisians, cranberries, apricot, cinnamon and nutmeg. Are there any ingredients at the top paragraph that I don't need? Will the following receipe cook into bars even with some ingredients taken off?

Bar Receipe:
1/4 Cup Chilled Butter
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Large Egg Whites, Lightly Beaten
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Fat Free Sweetened Condsensed Milk

3 Cups Oats
Maltodextrine
Chai Tea
Dark Choclate
Debydrated Chyanne Chillis
Dehydrated Figs
Froot Loops Powder
Whey Protien Powder

Sure, why not? I've thrown together ingredients before, no recipe, that came out as really good breakfast bars. You might want to start small, maybe cut back on the amount of oats.

Last edited:
I have been thinking of using the "Rickety Uncle" recipe that was posted a few days ago, as a base for energy or breakfast bars. You could cut back on the fat if you want something less fattening and replace it with prune purée and cut back on the sugar or use honey. Any of the ingredients that you previously mentioned should be able to be added to the base. The basic recipe
(which I am not clever enough to insert a link for) was reminiscent of a granola bar.
What ever you decide to do OP, good luck :)

Bunny's idea of using the Rickety Uncle recipe is also a good idea. And I think I used honey in my last batch of thrown-together bars, either that, or agave syrup.

Back
Top Bottom