How do I keep the pepper dry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldrustycars

Senior Cook
How do I keep the black pepper in the shaker dry? I have Coronita bottles for salt and pepper shakers, you've seen them in Mexican restaurants. The pepper keeps sticking and clumping. Suggestions?

I remember seeing grains of rice in salt shakers. Maybe that would work for pepper also.

Pepper begins to lose its punch almost immediately after grinding. Pepper that's been sitting in a shaker for days, weeks, or months is pretty much tasteless.

Replace your shaker with a grinder and you'll not only solve your sticking problem, but you'll discover a whole new taste treat!

Pepper begins to lose its punch almost immediately after grinding. Pepper that's been sitting in a shaker for days, weeks, or months is pretty much tasteless.

Replace your shaker with a grinder and you'll not only solve your sticking problem, but you'll discover a whole new taste treat!
But then I won't have my cool Coronita shakers...

I keep my pepper in grinders. Agree that pepper loses much of its flavor soon after being ground. This includes shelf life. This also applies to many spices, including cinnamon and cloves.

Back
Top Bottom