How do YOU eat a napoleon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolledeig

Senior Cook
Ok, what's the trick?
I've tried:
-Fork and knife
-Spoon
-Taking the top lid off and continuing with a spoon.
-Hands and mouth, like a sandwich!
-Turning it on the side and using a spoon.

Doesn't really work too well...

What do YOU do?

Ok, what's the trick?
I've tried:
-Fork and knife
-Spoon
-Taking the top lid off and continuing with a spoon.
-Hands and mouth, like a sandwich!
-Turning it on the side and using a spoon.

Doesn't really work too well...

What do YOU do?
we arrange to meet him at waterloo then.......oh,not THAT napolean
can't help you bolle,don't know what a napolean is,what is it?

we arrange to meet him at waterloo then.......oh,not THAT napolean
can't help you bolle,don't know what a napolean is,what is it?

Harry it is an awesome desert. Look in my Ukranian thread for it.

And no there is no good way to eat it. As you can see by my avatar, which clooks very much like my self, the crubs are always all over my bird. :LOL: ;)

Whoa! How is it possible not to have even heard about this wonderful french cake/dessert?

It's just puff pastry crusts filled with a very rich and creamy pastry cream flavored with lots of vanilla and rum. Not too sweet.

My husband never knew of this dessert either until I made it for him, and now it's on his top three list!

It looks like this and a good one is out of this world. It is quite difficult to eat delicately. I recommend the following:

Place the napoleon in the center of a round or square plate. Place a napkin next to it. Pour a glass of milk. Pick up the milk, plate and napkin and move to a private space where you are alone. Pick up the napoleon in one hand and take a bite. Wash down with milk. Repeat as needed.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4,618
Harry it is an awesome desert. Look in my Ukranian thread for it.

And no there is no good way to eat it. As you can see by my avatar, which clooks very much like my self, the crubs are always all over my bird. :LOL: ;)
ahh hahhh,you have the look of a salty sea dog about you capt'n!!
over this side of the pond we call an attractive lady a bird(see my signature!)
so lets recap,a cream cake & an attractive lady....where did you say i could buy a napolean.........

It looks like this and a good one is out of this world. It is quite difficult to eat delicately. I recommend the following:

Place the napoleon in the center of a round or square plate. Place a napkin next to it. Pour a glass of milk. Pick up the milk, plate and napkin and move to a private space where you are alone. Pick up the napoleon in one hand and take a bite. Wash down with milk. Repeat as needed.

Hahaha!
But I'll have to arrest you on the milk. Black coffee is the only legal thing to have with a napoleon ;)

Whoa! How is it possible not to have even heard about this wonderful french cake/dessert?

It's just puff pastry crusts filled with a very rich and creamy pastry cream flavored with lots of vanilla and rum. Not too sweet.

My husband never knew of this dessert either until I made it for him, and now it's on his top three list!

ah hah! thanks all,and especially andy for the pic.know what it is now,we call 'em vanilla slices with the creme partisserie filling or bavarian slices if they've got cream in.
i take it apart & eat it layer by layer but always leave the top slice with frosting til last,mmmmmmm:yum:

Easy. I put in a bowl, take a fork, and bash it into pieces. :hammer::bangin::bash:

Then I take said fork and eat it with that. It absolutely ruins the prettiness, but it's a practical approach.

It does look exactly like a Millefeuille! In which case, the way I eat one of those, is to cut it into quarters and then pick each quarter up with my fingers and pop it in my mouth. You an always wear a bib if you don't have a beard for catching the crumbs.

Harry,

A Lady´s Way ...

In Spanish, they are called Mil Hojas = a thousand layers ...

Slice in quarters or eighths with a very sharp knife, and then: fork the pieces, and enjoy with an Espresso or High Tea ...

Ciao, & Kindest Regards.
Margi.

Harry,

A Lady´s Way ...

In Spanish, they are called Mil Hojas = a thousand layers ...

Slice in quarters or eighths with a very sharp knife, and then: fork the pieces, and enjoy with an Espresso or High Tea ...

Ciao, & Kindest Regards.
Margi.
margi
sounds much sexier in spanish than napolean,not that i ever met the guy..........
harry

Splice your DNA with the strands that give snakes an unhingeable jaw and swallow whole!:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom