How do you feel when people change your recipe around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda expanding off the thread of " Who follows recipes exactly", I was just curious how you people feel when someone asks you for your recipe, you give it to them, then they 'make changes and ( in their eyes) improvements'?

On the outside, and in general, I personally don't care. Im sure, on the inside, a little bit of me asks the question ' why did you mess around with my recipe? " .

But I guess the only thing that does annoy me, is when someone asks for your recipe, makes it ( with all their changes) for the next family gathering, and then announces how they made ' your' recipe. or even worse, makes it exactly then claims it as their own (both have happened to me in the past).

If its someone who I know, knows how to cook, I mind less or not at all, when compared to the person who doesn't know what they're doing, doesn't have functional taste buds, and kinda half-asses the recipe.

You're right. I would feel mad when someone changed my own recipe...
Their recipe usually not good as me; I hate this.
However, some of my friends could make it better, which is incredibly perfect!!!!!

You're right. I would feel mad when someone changed my own recipe...
Their recipe usually not good as me; I hate this.
However, some of my friends could make it better, which is incredibly perfect!!!!!

Yeah, my big thing is not that they changed it. In all honesty, I couldn't care less. But its when they then announce to everyone that it is my recipe, when they had just butchered it, or changed it so much, that it really doesn't even resemble its original form.

Hey, of they can improve upon it, or change it enough that it takes on a life of its own, more power to them. I would just hope that they share the changed info with me.

Back
Top Bottom