How do you grow cilantro inside?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use tons of cilantro. It finds its way into just about anything I make, ever try cilantro in chocolate cake? Delicious.
What I need is a way to grow this stuff in the house. I have tried with little success. My indoor garden is fairly nice and the plants do thrive in our four seasons room but this one eludes me. Anyone have luck with this wonderful herb?

I never would have thought of using it in chocolate cake. That sounds very interesting. I will have to give it a shot.

Cilantro is one of my favorites. I love the stuff! I have grown it outside, but never inside so I can't be of much help there.

Haven't grown it inside, but I'd suggest a good grow light, a cool room, and plenty of natural sunshine. Also 'pinching' the plant back to make it bushier.

I have grown cilantro inside, on my kitchen window sill. I get south sun for most of the day. I keep it watered, and cut back. Nothing to it. If you'd like to grow more than just one herb, try a starwberry pot, planting differant herbs in each pot. When need to cut them back, I freeze them. I simply put them in freezer bags and then tape the bags to the inside lid of my freezer. Doesn't take up space, saves them from being crushed.

Back
Top Bottom