How do you open saltines?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Staples regularly has packs of binder clips on sale, typically less than $1 per pack. I have these in various sizes for closing packages. They work quite well.

Staples® Binder Clips, Medium, 1 1/4" Width, 5/8" Capacity, Black | Staples®

I must have at least 30 or more of these. Although I have always called them Acco Clips, their brand name. I have them in all sizes. Small enough for two sheets of paper to holding a large amount. Over the years I have done private work at home and can say I more or less have a complete office setup. :angel:

thanks for your imputs. the other stubbern thing that always kicks my butt is charcoal bag 'zipper' openers...also on dog food, in which leads to a rageful kniffing that leaves dog food all over the floor

Another reason for several pairs of kitchen shears and big scissors! My hands no longer have the strength they used to, and those stupid strings on charcoal and dog food have never worked for me anyway.

thanks for your imputs. the other stubbern thing that always kicks my butt is charcoal bag 'zipper' openers...also on dog food, in which leads to a rageful kniffing that leaves dog food all over the floor

I use scissors for those, too. :D Those 'zipper' string openers aren't worth a hardly and need scissors to get them started in the first place. LOL

Haha...posting the same time as Dawg.

Last edited:
Yep! I have scissors/shears in nearly every room and the garage, to help me with the 'easy open' packaging. :LOL:

Last edited:
I have this little nasty streak in me. I refused to let those string openers get the best of me. You will also find them on a paper bag of potatoes. And that is the only kind I buy. You have to pull the right end. Of course it is always the other end of what you first pulled. Took me a long time to learn that little trick. The first stich is always locked.

I like the Saltine Fresh Stacks that come in smaller packs. With the regular taller packs, no matter how well I wrap them up using a rubber band, they end up taking on the taste of cardboard in no time. If I use a Ziplock bag, they take on a plastic smell.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom