"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Sous Chef

How do you use Boursin cheese?

I have been browsing their web site to get some ideas... and some of them are really good... but I thought I'd ask here too because you all are so creative. TIA!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:03 AM   #2
Head Chef

The first thing that comes to mind is a Tortilla pinwheel. There are many variations of this. Ones that I have had in the past are Sundried tomato & basil pinwheels, Olive pinwheels, grilled vegetable, spinach pinwheels. In general, a very simple thing to do and a good appetizer or finger food. Get a flour tortilla ( the naturally colored ones like the green spinach ones make a nice presentation). Lay it flat. Spread a layer of what ever boursin cheese flavor you think will work. Then, depending on which kind of pinwheel u are making, cut up the ingredents kind of fine. put them on top of the cheese, then roll up the tortilla creating a pinwheel. Sometimes it is good to secure it in foil or plastic wrap and refirgerate it for a short time so it firms up a bit and keps its shape. but usually u dont have to. Anyway, at this point you cut the tortilla in about 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces creating individual pinwheels ready to be eaten.

Heres a website that gives other ideas and a good visual of what im talking about

Google Image Result for http://bp2.blogger.com/_gK9--P4qk1Q/Rca50GFGBOI/AAAAAAAAAAM/lbCLCVAi4jw/s400/tortilla_pinwheels.JPG

There are so many variations and so much room to be creative. And using different variations along with different colored tortillas can make a nice presentation as well. See if you can buy the rectangular tortillas or wraps. This way it is more efficient when rolling.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
Senior Cook

I love boursin on roasted bread, but I assume there are better uses.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
Sous Chef

I eat it on crackers. It's too good by itself to mix it up with a bunch of other stuff.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
Master Chef

Years ago when Boursin was the "new kid on the block" & was being advertised on television, etc., it was on nearly everyone's "cheese tray".

These days the only time I seem to buy it is to use in potato dishes. It makes a wonderful addition to both mashed potatoes & potato gratins.

Oh - & melted into some heavy cream, it also makes a nice flavorful sauce for pasta - particularly tortellini.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Executive Chef

I eat in on toast or crackers.

Another use is to stir it through hot pasta, instant cheesy garlic sauce.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
Senior Cook

I have used it to stuff chicken breasts, yummy!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
Senior Cook

I've tried it with pototoes and some various other dishes...I overall give it the thumbs down...It's a medium soft french cheese, garlic and some other spices...It great if you're going to use it a spread...If you're making potatoes or something seems that you make it yourself cheaper...I personally like philly creamcheese and garlic is better in potatoes than boursin, but that's me...
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
Master Chef

Put a dollop atop a grilled steak. Ribeye, tenderloin... your choice, it is really good!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
You can also take about 2 TBS of it and form it into a little square pillow shape, dip in egg and seasoned breadcumbs, deep fry, and put it on a salad. It's really good with a port wine vinaigrette.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote