How long does beef last until it spoils?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just turn the stove down to low and add the sauce, let it simmer for a bit while you cook the pasta.

At that point you are basically just heating up the sauce to a comfortable temp. Once it is hot enough for you then your are ready to serve it.

Welcome to DC fightingfury! I think you're doing good so far :chef: I know that you mentioned earlier that you don't have much in the kitchen, but do you have any cheese to top the pasta with (or stir it into the sauce)?

Piccolina said:
Welcome to DC fightingfury! I think you're doing good so far :chef: I know that you mentioned earlier that you don't have much in the kitchen, but do you have any cheese to top the pasta with (or stir it into the sauce)?

thanks
yes i have cheese but i prefer not to use it (kind of a health nut) but i may add just a little parmesan (spelling?) cheese to the spaghetti once its done

fightingfury88 said:
thanks
yes i have cheese but i prefer not to use it (kind of a health nut) but i may add just a little parmesan (spelling?) cheese to the spaghetti once its done

What's wrong with cheese? I can see over indulgence being bad due to fat content, but controlled portions of cheese are quite healthy I thought . . . . . well, may not processed, but natural . . . . . . .

BigDog said:
What's wrong with cheese? I can see over indulgence being bad due to fat content, but controlled portions of cheese are quite healthy I thought . . . . . well, may not processed, but natural . . . . . . .

yea thats true
well i just added salt and pepper to the sauce and am boiling the pasta on high. how long should i boil the pasta?

fightingfury88 said:
yea thats true
well i just added salt and pepper to the sauce and am boiling the pasta on high. how long should i boil the pasta?
It should probably say on the back of the package, but a good estimate for many pastas 7-8 minutes. This varies a lot depending on the type of pasta being cooked though. Just pop a piece out if you're curious, let it cool off for a moment and taste it - if you like the consistnacy it's ready. If not give it a little longer and try a piece again :)

This thread is really fun to read - a work in progress.....

FF88, I'd say about 10 minutes (you're almost there) on the pasta. Dip into your pot and take out a couple of strands and eat them. Are they too chewy? Let it go for another couple minutes. Keep testing and tasting. The throwing-against-the-wall trick to see if the pasta sticks doesn't really work.

mudbug said:
This thread is really fun to read - a work in progress.....

FF88, I'd say about 10 minutes (you're almost there) on the pasta. Dip into your pot and take out a couple of strands and eat them. Are they too chewy? Let it go for another couple minutes. Keep testing and tasting. The throwing-against-the-wall trick to see if the pasta sticks doesn't really work.
I agree Mudbug, I came in a bit late (Alix had gotten FF88 off to a terrific start!) and it's really cool to help FF88 prepare his meal.

Lol, it doesn't work (throwing against the wall) - you're right - but it can be fun :mrgreen:

No, no, not on high. Dependin on how much it is (1-2 #) thaw 5 minutes on power 3. If you are going to make spagetti, you can start browning it ina a pan.

haha well everythings done......and here are the results

the sauce was too watery (?? i dunno what happend there) i like the sauce to be thicker (should i add more tomato paste/sauce?)

meat was chewy (i wont wait a year to cook my meat next time)

well i learned alot today thanks to you guys, i thought i would be making a burger on the foreman grill but ended up making spaghetti :ohmy: (how did that happend?) i definitely will cook spaghetti some other time and fix up some of these errors.

i thought i would be a member here just to ask if it was okay to eat some beef thats been in the freezer for one year, but i will use these forums to my advantage now. thanks alot to everyone that helped.:chef:

Hey fightingfury, that is what we are here for! Ask away, there is generally someone around who can answer questions. And to answer your questions, Yes if the sauce is too watery add tomato paste, or if you have the time, just let it simmer slowly some of the liquid will dissipate as steam. As to the chewy meat, well, that is likely partly the microwaves fault too. But hey, you got some spaghetti out of the deal so it is all good!

Glad your cooking experiment went well. Let us in on your next round.

Hey and thank you for posting results. i just hate not knowing what happens in the end.

Oh, and welcome to DC

Back
Top Bottom