How many adaptations does it take...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autie Kittie

Assistant Cook
Until you can claim that recipe as "yours."

One or two?
Enough adaptations until you can barely find the similarities between the adapted recipe and the original?
Or will it never be "yours"?

:unsure:

its not up to you, not matter how many adaptations

once people start asking you to make "your" burgers/pizza/dip/cake/peanut butter anchovie sandwiches/etc., or start saying things like "oh, i hope kitty brings her pudding/bruschetta/pulled pork/pickle cereal bars/etc" then it's yours....

keep in mind, you may meet some new people who make something the exact same way as you - then you need to re-establish yourself ;)

its not up to you, not matter how many adaptations

once people start asking you to make "your" burgers/pizza/dip/cake/peanut butter anchovie sandwiches/etc., or start saying things like "oh, i hope kitty brings her pudding/bruschetta/pulled pork/pickle cereal bars/etc" then it's yours....

keep in mind, you may meet some new people who make something the exact same way as you - then you need to re-establish yourself ;)
oh my god!! you make peanut butter anchovie sandwiches and pickle cereal bars!! dang no i have to re-establish myself!! :LOL:

btw thanks for making me wet my pants!!

I think if you've made just one subsitution, but that one thing really makes a difference, and you can easily tell by taste that you've done something different - then it's yours!

Back
Top Bottom