How many grams in a stick of butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paolina

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody,sorry but my english is not very good.I just signed in and already need some help.I need to know how many grams are two stiks of butter..please I 'm desperate i wan't to make a cake but all the ingredients are in oz pound and stiks for butter..can you help??

Normally there are 4 sticks of butter in a pound. A pound is equal to 454 grams. So two sticks would be equal to 227 grams.

Welcome, paolina! Don't worry about your English - you are doing fine!

Buckytom - what a helpful site! Thanks, I saved it in my favorites.

WELCOME!!!!!!!! Glad you've joined us.
Your English looks great to me!

Where are you from??

thank you again

Hello!!
well I 'm Italian but I live in Turkey in Istanbul. Because now I speek turkish very well I don't use english anymore..my writing is terrible.I hope will improve over here..
It's very nice to be among you!!

Welcome Paolina! Each stick of butter is 4 ounces. You usually need 8 ounces of butter for a cake recipe. Your English is just fine.

Last edited:
welcome, paolina, to discusscooking.
a tbsp. is 14 grams. you get 8 tbsp. from a quarter. 4 quarters to a pound, so 32 tbsp. in 4 quarters, or 448 grams.

Last edited:
And here is another great cooking conversion site (the one I use all the time) that will allow you to convert just about anything into anything else - basic cooking measurements, butter, and temperatures.

Your English is fine ... you should hear my Italian! :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom