How much do you pay for Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Alix, also. I'd rather have my veggies misted than wilted. Also, they aren't misted all day since many of them are sold and new ones brought in.

For those whose stores are waterlogging the produce, I think it is time for a talk with the manager. The branch of the highly predominant and good supermarket chain I shop at is a constant irritant to me on many counts, and occasionally, the produce has been my target for the manager.
Take the waterlogged produce to the desk and ask if he/she would buy that.
Bean sprouts are in a dry area in ours.

This does not happen, that I am aware of, in UK (or France or Italy!). I guess I would pay more for warter if it was keeping the produce fresher. Why is it needed though? How far is the prduce travelling and sitting in the shops?

Lulu, I haven't seen this type of 'spraying' anywhere in Europe, either. But let's just wait, cos some enterprising supermarket will probably introduce it, if it adds weight and therefore cost to the consumer!:)

LOL, Ishbel. Yet more motivation to grow your own or buy locally from market gardeners!

Lulu
I'm sure the food emporium of the Egyptian shopkeeper in Knightsbridge already has plans.... Just think of the fresh fish counter.... it's got running water, already :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

OK - I went to the grocery store to see if the section on the left of the produce area had misters - well they do - and one is pointed directly at the bean sprouts - I felt them and they were ICK!!!! So, next week when I go back I will make a point to say something. I went late and there is virtually no one there except those people that you ask where something is - they answer "I don't know" and then they walk away! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom