How to Cook Shrimps (need easy recipe)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookingfan7

Assistant Cook
Hey, today me and kids decided to eat some sea food. Any deliciuos (and fast) recipes on shrimps?

Thanks for the advice, looks an easy one - don't have an "old bay" , maybe I'll just replace with similar spices.

What kind of shrimp? Do you already have them? Are they raw or precooked? That could make a big difference in how you use them.

Bring a big pot of heavily salted water toa boil.

Dump in shrimp.

Turn off heat.

Stir.

Stir again after a minute.

They are done when pink. Take one out after 3 min to check.

Do NOT overcook

Melt a good amount of butter in a skillet (don't burn the butter) throw the shrimp in, grate some garlic over them and stir. When shrimp turn pink, squeeze half a lemon over the whole thing, and turn out onto a pile of pasta. Garnish with parsley if you have it. Instant Shrimp Scampi.

Melt a good amount of butter in a skillet (don't burn the butter) throw the shrimp in, grate some garlic over them and stir. When shrimp turn pink, squeeze half a lemon over the whole thing, and turn out onto a pile of pasta. Garnish with parsley if you have it. Instant Shrimp Scampi.
I always make this recipe but I usually add in some shredded onions with the garlic.:ROFLMAO:

What kind of shrimp? Do you already have them? Are they raw or precooked? That could make a big difference in how you use them.

Yes they was precooked, and don't know that kind (I found "king shrimps" and smaller ones at local food store), I took smaller ones. I just steamed them with some spices that I found at home (salt, red/black pepper and dill). That was nothing special, but my daughters was happy :)

But... today I found few tiny red spots under my smaller daughters skin :ohmy:
I hope nothing serious :ermm: Allergy on shrimps???

Yes they was precooked, and don't know that kind (I found "king shrimps" and smaller ones at local food store), I took smaller ones. I just steamed them with some spices that I found at home (salt, red/black pepper and dill). That was nothing special, but my daughters was happy :)

Could be an allergy, if the spots spread take her to the doctor.

I saw it on tv: they cooked shrimps with steam. Make water boil, then drop one tea envelope (yes...tea!!!).
Let the water become dark brown, then cover the saucepan with a 'scolapasta' (I was not able to find the translation, so I post the photo), with shrimps inside.
let them cook for a few minutes...
imgres

That's why I was asking, cooked shrimp you only want to heat through and they don't add as much to the dish. And it's harder for them to take a seasoning (IMO). Still, they are nice to eat if not overcooked and just heated through.
Sounds like a possible allergy to shellfish. My father can't even eat fries that have been fried in the same oil as shrimp. His allergy is pretty severe and requires hospitalization. If anything with your daughter looks likes it's worsening I would get her right into a doctor. And a benedryl wouldn't hurt either, but that's what I would do and I'm not offering that as a cure or fix-it.

That's why I was asking, cooked shrimp you only want to heat through and they don't add as much to the dish. And it's harder for them to take a seasoning (IMO). Still, they are nice to eat if not overcooked and just heated through.
Sounds like a possible allergy to shellfish. My father can't even eat fries that have been fried in the same oil as shrimp. His allergy is pretty severe and requires hospitalization. If anything with your daughter looks likes it's worsening I would get her right into a doctor. And a benedryl wouldn't hurt either, but that's what I would do and I'm not offering that as a cure or fix-it.

Will wait couple days, looks like nothing very serious, she said that feel alright, unexpected a little bit, because we a lot of time have eaten crayfish without any allergy. Maybe it is not a shrimps fault at all? :glare:

Hi Cookingfan! On the red spots you noticed on your daughter's skin: You said they were "under" the skin. That doesn't sound like a classic allergic reaction to the shrimp. If they were were raised welts and itchy (hives), that is a more classic sign of allergic reaction. Just watch closely next time that she eats shrimp/shellfish to be sure it doesn't happen again. If it does, just check with her doctor.

Hi Cookingfan! On the red spots you noticed on your daughter's skin: You said they were "under" the skin. That doesn't sound like a classic allergic reaction to the shrimp. If they were were raised welts and itchy (hives), that is a more classic sign of allergic reaction. Just watch closely next time that she eats shrimp/shellfish to be sure it doesn't happen again. If it does, just check with her doctor.

I agree totally. Hives are generally raised. But that doesn't mean that an allergy can't manifest in another way.

Shellfish allergies can be VERY serious, so if she shows any other signs after eating, get her checked out.

Nothing changed currently and she feels alright (strongly don't want go to the doctor :)), they even ask me for more shrimps (both very love see food). Next time will be watching here closely.

P.S.

The recipe with tea sounds interesting, thanks :chef:

Fire up the grill!

The best way I know to cook shrimp is on the grill. You can make your own shrimp k-bobs. Wrap the shrimp in bacon that has been dipped in a sauce made with lemon juice, lime juice and honey. Use more of the sauce to baste as you grill. You can also use the sauce on sweet corn. Yum! To get the amounts of everything try a google search for shrimp, lemon and bacon. That's what I did after going out to eat and having something like this. I use the grill outside in all kinds of weather, but I have also tried this inside on an inside grill. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom