How to keep Peanut Brittle "brittle" all the time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joan

Assistant Cook
I can keep Peanut Brittle very brittle in the winter but if I want to cook some in the summer I do not know how to keep it from getting sticky and being ruined. Any answers for this?:rolleyes:

I can keep Peanut Brittle very brittle in the winter but if I want to cook some in the summer I do not know how to keep it from getting sticky and being ruined. Any answers for this?:rolleyes:

Store it in the fridge! Either that, or in a cool dark cupboard in a tightly sealed tin, bag, canister, etc.

Welcome to DC by the way!:cool:

Well, if it's humid out then there's not really much you can do except tucking in an airtight container in the dark and hope for the best. Isomalt sugar is more resistant to humidity, however it doesn't carmelize the same way the sugar does, and I'm not really sure if it would be appropriate for peanut brittle.

We live in a humid area and have difficulty with storing things that have a tendency to take on moisture. As a result Buck says I've become the "queen" of Tupperware. So far storing those items in Tupperware seems to have solved our dilemma.

I would also keep it a air tight container, just guessing maybe a piece of wax or plastic wrap on top with a slice of bread - the bread should absorb any moisture. Never tried this, but might work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom