How to make Rice-a-Roni less mushy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just one.. well two questions more...

What is Orzo?

And I tried this trick with Chinese fried rice with successful results, about cooking it a day in advance and re-heating it the next day. What will happen if I do that with Rice Roni?

It is a type of pasta that resembles rice. Used often in soups. But cooks more quickly than rice. :angel:

Z

just one.. well two questions more...

What is Orzo?

And I tried this trick with Chinese fried rice with successful results, about cooking it a day in advance and re-heating it the next day. What will happen if I do that with RiceRoni?

Orzo is little rice-shaped pasta. You can buy it by the bag in the pasta section.

Sure, why not try it? We usually have leftovers of almost everything, stuff frequently tastes better the next day.

Hmm. I see Addie beat me to the orzo.

Last edited:
adding on to a 3 yr old quest

i have tried adding less water and still came out thicker than i like. what i am looking for is rice cooked well enough but loose enough that a 90 year old man would shake it all off his fork before getting it in his mouth....

no i am not planning a joke on an old man... when i was in school i had an english teacher comment on an essay i turned in, about my handwriting,... this is the writing of a 90 year old man on a harley davidson motorcycle...
i just am describing the looseness i desire

Back
Top Bottom