How to measure butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could always use the displacement method. For example, fill a 2 cup measure with 1 cup of water. Add butter until it measures 1 1/2 cups, which gives you 1/2 cup of butter.

You could always use the displacement method. For example, fill a 2 cup measure with 1 cup of water. Add butter until it measures 1 1/2 cups, which gives you 1/2 cup of butter.

I used to do that with one of the fat guys!

That would work vagriller, if the size of the stick of butter was always the same, but I do not believe they are. The European butter we have here in our grocery store is a different shape and size than the US butter so the measuring trick would not be accurate.

GB forget all the measuring that is going on here, I want to know what kind of butters you have there? I have never seen anything imported here. Once in a kosher store there was Israily butter, it was soooooo yummy.

If you start mentioning metric, you have my support. Long overdue.

You know it. I all for it. Makes so much more sence to use it too. I say Obama should switch to metric, it will give jobs to thousands of people that would be needed to convert everyhtnig into metric. That for sure will save the economy. Yey me!

GB forget all the measuring that is going on here, I want to know what kind of butters you have there? I have never seen anything imported here. Once in a kosher store there was Israily butter, it was soooooo yummy.
We have a few Irish butters and one from somewhere else, but I do not recall where.

You know it. I all for it. Makes so much more sence to use it too. I say Obama should switch to metric, it will give jobs to thousands of people that would be needed to convert everyhtnig into metric. That for sure will save the economy. Yey me!

Give a guy an inch and he'll take a kilometer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom