How to store pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigAL

Sous Chef
I have time and would like to make a bunch of homemade pasta, egg and flour. I'd like to wrap it up like a ball of yarn(but not packed) and dry it so as to just toss in water to cook. will this work? If I have enough flour to keep it from forming a glob?

Do you make homemade pasta ahead of time? if so how do you store it?

Thanks all
Happy Thanksgiving!

fresh pasta can be rolled loosely and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days, or frozen.

if you want to dry it, you can use a dehydrator or put the rolled pastas in a very low oven to speed the process.

fresh pasta can be rolled loosely and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days, or frozen.

if you want to dry it, you can use a dehydrator or put the rolled pastas in a very low oven to speed the process.

I agree. You can spread it on a sterilized clothe then roll the whole thing.
if you want to dry it a bit, let it alone in the bottom of your refrigerator for a few days. If you prefer to keep them soft and moist, put the clothe in an air-tight container.

i remember my childhood friends's moms and my adopted italian grandma (my first gf's nonna) making pasta and drying it in a hot room off the kitchen on a wooden clothes drying rack.
:chef:

in fact, they never bought pasta. it was made every sunday, some dried, and some heavily floured, rolled, and put in containers in the fridge for use during the week.

stuffed pastas like ravioli were frozen in a plastic bag.

Back
Top Bottom