How to turn aloe vera juice into a candy-like solid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dd99

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate your help. I love aloe vera juice and would like to find out how I can turn the liquid juice into a solid which I can carry around with me. In my mind, I am imagining little candy-sized squares with a soft texture like fudge or Starburst candies. The problem is I don’t want to change the taste of the juice by adding sugar or anything like that. Freezing the liquid would be the obvious answer but that would melt so it is not easily transportable.

Is there anything I can add to the liquid to make it solid and not substantially change the taste? I have read about adding things like gum arabic or various types of starch but I really don’t know where to start.

Thanks for the help!

Is the juice pure aloe vera, with a whole lot of viscosity, or is it a watery liquid? If it's the watery liquid, simply add Knox unflavored gelatin, about 3 packets for two cups of water, to make aloe vera Knox Blocks.

I'm getting this from my head and so the amount of gelatine may be off a little. The set gelatine is like finger jello in texture, and doesn't melt. It's a great bit of chewy goodness, cut into nice, bite-sized squares.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom