How you can manage to pack lunch for work everyday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should have thought about that, but I've been out of the business (running a large website) for a few years now. I'm not a fan of piggybacking off of other sites' hard-earned search engine results, either.

I have to bring my lunch a few months out of the year. During planting season and harvest. Dont have the luxury of a microwave. Usually sitting in a truck or tractor. Get pretty tired of ham sandwiches all the time. I bought a food thermos. So to mix it up a little the wife can boil hotdogs to put in there with the hot water and they stay hot. Different soups and ramen noodles. That food thermos is one of the best things I ever got.

Our kids (and, before them, us) had short thermoses with a wide mouth. Perfect for stews or other spoon-able foods. Our niece loves baked beans. When she was in school, my SIL would pack them for our niece's lunch. When she opened the thermos she would exclaim "baked beans again! I told Mom I don't like beans. Oh, well, guess I have to eat them". :cool:

Farmer Jon, if your wife sliced the hot dogs and put the pieces into baked beans you might get better mileage with your tractor. :ohmy: :LOL:

I have to bring my lunch a few months out of the year. During planting season and harvest. Dont have the luxury of a microwave. Usually sitting in a truck or tractor. Get pretty tired of ham sandwiches all the time. I bought a food thermos. So to mix it up a little the wife can boil hotdogs to put in there with the hot water and they stay hot. Different soups and ramen noodles. That food thermos is one of the best things I ever got.

Where did you find one? Thermos that is? My mother has an old one, big enough to feed the whole family. I love it, have been looking for one for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I found mine at a garage sale. The Stanley ones are really nice. The one I have is plastic and has a handle. I have a soft sided cooler for a lunch box and I got a metal clip to attach the food Thermos to the strap. That way im not taking up room and the hot stuff stays away from the ice packs and cold sandwiches.

Pardon my ignorance, but exactly is it? What does it mean?

Charlie, SEO is a set of techniques website managers use to try to help their websites show up higher on a page of search engine results than a competitor's. People are more likely to click on results higher on the page thinking they're more relevant to what they're looking for.

There's a lot more to it: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization

What's your biggest hurdle that stops you from packing lunch every day? What’s your favorite lunch idea?

I spent years with no choice but to bring my lunch. Now I do not want to. I want that 30 to 45 minutes away from the project site to clear my head. And yes I can cook and quite often have leftovers in the fridge.

I spent years with no choice but to bring my lunch. Now I do not want to. I want that 30 to 45 minutes away from the project site to clear my head. And yes I can cook and quite often have leftovers in the fridge.
I'm exactly the same way. There are still days that I bring lunch in to work. I might eat it that day or I might go out. But a lot of times it's just nice to get away from work.

I do leftovers, make sandwiches, soups, whatever for lunch. I have low blood sugar, the opposite of diabetes so I rely on protein. Lunch is small, and on my breaks I also eat a sandwich or healthy protein bar with milk. I have to have tiny meals every two or three hours to keep from getting shaky and dizzy.

I'm too busy keeping myself from passing out to worry about anything but protein.

Our kids (and, before them, us) had short thermoses with a wide mouth. Perfect for stews or other spoon-able foods. Our niece loves baked beans. When she was in school, my SIL would pack them for our niece's lunch. When she opened the thermos she would exclaim "baked beans again! I told Mom I don't like beans. Oh, well, guess I have to eat them". :cool:

Farmer Jon, if your wife sliced the hot dogs and put the pieces into baked beans you might get better mileage with your tractor. :ohmy: :LOL:

CG, when I was a kid my mom also packed stew and soups in a mini thermos too. Thinking about that, I am so grateful she made sure I had hot lunch for school.

Thank you. Ey sure make good product, I only wish they had something bigger. My mom has this thermos, it is almost a gallon size. Now that's a food thermos, large enough for whole family.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

You can put soup in any thermos. I have 2 that I use for coffee. one is a Craftsman it holds a whole 12 cup pot. The Stanley only holds 8. Next time you go to sears go to the tool section and check them out.

I'm exactly the same way. There are still days that I bring lunch in to work. I might eat it that day or I might go out. But a lot of times it's just nice to get away from work.

It was leave the office and have a nice quite lunch, or stay at the office and work through your lunch.
It did not take long to make the decision to leave. Everyday.

I was a salesman and I wanted all my calls no matter if it was lunch time or not. I had to make a decision to allow the customer to wait until I got back. I needed that down time.

You can put soup in any thermos. I have 2 that I use for coffee. one is a Craftsman it holds a whole 12 cup pot. The Stanley only holds 8. Next time you go to sears go to the tool section and check them out.

Hm, 12 cups sound good. I was thinking more in line of real food not just soup, but it is already better.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom