I Can't Believe I Lived Without.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, I feel kinda foolish ... my hubby got me one of these last Christmas. It's a really good one. I find myself forgetting to use it. I would love to reach for it several times a week ... what are you guys using it on besides soups? I tried ice cream and thought the blender did a better job on shakes and smoothies. What am I missing?
I have to admit, I mainly use mine of for soups or sauces, but they are great for chopping nuts and herbs. I have also heard they are great for making natural baby food.... pureed vegies or fruits. They also whip eggs in a snap, and they are great as you can just rinse off for quick clean-up. You could also make a great mango salsa or other homemade condiment... that is all I can think of right now.

Alright, I feel kinda foolish ... my hubby got me one of these last Christmas. It's a really good one. I find myself forgetting to use it. I would love to reach for it several times a week ... what are you guys using it on besides soups? I tried ice cream and thought the blender did a better job on shakes and smoothies. What am I missing?

No lump gravy and sauces are able to be made with a stick blender. Either in the pan or mixing the flour/water mix smoothly.

Can't resist the rat question. My mother says I told her over and over again that I had a kitty cat. That it only came to me at night. She thought I was dreaming (I did then and do now have very vivid dreams). Then she woke one night to find a rat in my bed. Needless to say, I lost my night time companion!!!

I have a funny story about how I discovered my griddle...

For years I was intimidated by the griddle on my new stove. It was so shiny and pretty and I remembered the stove in my old house where the griddle was all black and ugly, and I was determined to keep my beautiful new one all perfect, which sadly meant not using it LOL....so one day my husband made pancakes on it and it turned all black and I totally freaked out. Called the Viking customer service number and asked what I should do to make it pretty again, all my scrubbing wasn't helping at all! I am sure they got a kick out of my hysterical hissy fit, as they kept asking "so what is the problem exactly?" and I said "It's all black" "All of it?" "YES, all over!" "Ok so ma'am, what is the problem then?" OMG it's supposed to SEASON!!!! How dumb could I BE?
lmao was that ever humiliating...
so anyway, now I use it for everything, whenever I can!

How easily things can be overlooked...

One of my most used and treasured "I can't live without" things is my electronic scale. I use it ALL the time, for everything. I don't know how I worked in the kitchen before I got it.

It didn't change my cooking habits, but I'm also voting for sharp knives. Even when someone else is in charge and I've been asked to bring something, if it needs cutting I'll take my own knife.

Back
Top Bottom