"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 04-05-2004, 08:51 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Our big dog, Hannah, is the world's leading canine muncher of baked goods. Cookies are her favorite (so much so that we can no longer spell it in front of her...she now understands what the letters mean) but she likes bread, biscuits, scoones, brownies ,cakes, pies, breads and crackers.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:32 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Bubba... do you serve tea or milk with the sweetes? Scoones huh? You dog has EXCELLENT taste!!

Old 06-01-2004, 12:34 PM   #13
Cook

UM our yorkshire terrier uesd to be really picky on food
then she had an opperation to remove some woman bits :oops:
And now she eats like a horse any thing cake /ice cream /veg ect
and before all she would eat was a well known brand of dried food
this we have changed to a light dried food now as she is putting
on weight
she even eats dog biscuits now never touched them
before :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
But shes happy so thats all that matters
Old 08-31-2004, 01:00 AM   #14
Master Chef

bean gets whiskas or meow mix, milk about 50 times a day, too. the only way he'll take water is from a 16-oz sour cream container in the tub.
patches (hamster) gets mixed baby greens, extra-petite baby carrots, grape tomatoes from my dad's garden, early-pick baby spinach, almonds or macadamias, brie on one of his carrots, and steak or chicken, plus water and nutriphase hamster food.
they aren't on special diets. my mom and dad's one cat refused to eat ANYTHING, literally, but instant mashed potatoes and milk. he had an upset stomach not long ago and so i boiled him some chicken each night, then saved the broth and pureed it with that and a little milk. and of course he had to have his kitty-comfort-food, his mashed potatoes.
bean's favorite food is definately baby food. he likes the gravy from canned cat food, but won't eat the other half of it. and little pieces of cheese, and he loves dannon la creme and blueberry yogurt.
i don't cook for them, my parents (still my cats, i grew up with them) just share with them and my dad gives pieces of meat to them when he's cooking.
now those guys eat the same food as bean, but they all have thier own favorites. ozzy LOVES milk and baloney, elmo goes nuts over shrimp and crab and lobster, esther loves steak, ellie loves chicken, fe loves crab, but po doesn't much care for snacks. he's always too busy breaking things to eat snacks.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:04 AM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
My cats hate shrimp! But they love a can of tuna with scrambled eggs. They get this as a treat or when it is time for medicine. I normally just feed then dry cat food. Our mama cat & her 3 kittens have gone through a 17lb. bag of cat food in about 2 weeks! I think they are getting help from the neighborhood kitties too! Our betta loves bloodworms & he gets a special color enhancing food every other day. We also have tadpoles, but I don't feed them. They are outside & nature takes great care of them. The tadpoles take care of the mosquito population for us. Well, I do give them bloodworms occasionally.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:33 PM   #16
Sous Chef

My cat loves "smartfood" popcorn, shrimp and ice cream. Her regular food is cat chow, I've never given her anything else. Too much wet food {any kind} is bad for their teeth, as cats and dogs will get tarter build up on them causing them pain and eventual loss of teeth.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

When our previous dog Sheila was arthritic and aging, I took it upon myself to make her "Dog Soup." Broth from long-cooking nice cartiligenous knucklebones, some rice and herbs that I thought would be good for her. The vet approved, cartilege builds cartilege as she said.

Nowadays I might add some seafood; they get big money for "Glucosamine supplements" which are pretty much powdered green mussel shells.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
all i know is my one cat (who thinks she's a dog) hates tuna.
but she loves mcdonald's french fries,
potato chips (pringles preferably) and yes even popcorn.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:39 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie

The only human food my cat eats are green vegetables. Chicken? Nope. Beef? Nope. Ice cream? Well, that's the exception. He'll lick a couple of times and stops.

Raised this cat to eat only cat food. Best decision I ever made. I can eat dinner and he never begs. I can leave food on the table and he never jumps up. I can even leave chicken bones in the trash can and he doesn't touch it. I bring home lettuce or celery and leave it on the table, the cat is right there digging through the sacks trying to get a bite.

It's not like he doesn't have access to grass. He does! He has a special fenced in and fenced over area where he goes to play in the dirt and grass and poop.

He's 10 years old and on his second year since Chronic Renal Failure was diagnosed. He only eats the prescription KD food for CRF cats. Blood tests come back with good results thus far.

Take your pets to an AAHA certified animal hospital. I'm certain my cat wouldn't be doing so well if I had taken my cat to a lesser hospital. The AAHA vet had a diagnosis in less than an hour (blood and urine tests) and started to aggressively treat him right away. He only spent 2 nights in the hospital and the improvement was remarkable. He was back to his normal frisky self in a week.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
my cat esther loves fries! they all love pork rinds, too.