"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russell
i have a fish. His favorite treat is fish food!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2004, 02:15 AM   #22
Assistant Cook

I had a Keeshond once and she dearly loved raw potatoes. I kept the bag by the door leading from the kitchen to the garage. Whenever she went out she'd stop by for the biggest potato she could find to take with her.
She ate anything... sauerkraut didn't set well with her stomach and I only gave her that once!

When she got old the vet put her on a diet of lamb & rice which you could only get at the vet's office! $1.00 a small can. I never thought about hamburger and rice or I would have made her that myself. Instead I wrote Alpo and told them my dilemna... that you couldn't buy it in the store... and they now have come out with it. Too late for my dog, though, unfortunately.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:03 AM   #23
Sous Chef

luvs_food. You need to get your cat onto drinking water. I think your cat has strong instincts. In the wild, cats don't eat at the watering hole. Try placing water away from where your cat eats.

My cat drinks water from bowls I have set on the bathroom vanity, on the washer, in the living room, great room, and out in his special screened in patio and yard. He's always refused to drink any water in the kitchen where his food is.

The extra bowls of water is part of his crf therapy. Vet says cats are opportunistic water drinkers. They'll drink water if it's convenient. Otherwise, they'll stay thirsty and wait to drink until they are in the area of their water. Since he drinks his water, I don't have to stick him with the needle to give him fluids from the bag.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:49 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
did i also metion i can't eat chicken pork chops ribs roast or steak in peace??? nope cause not only is disney there (the one who thinks she's a dog) but so is my oyhter cat sheba and my dog rocky. :roll:
depending on what we're eating and if he's around i also have my son in front of me waiting to share lol.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:37 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
did i also metion i can't eat chicken pork chops ribs roast or steak in peace??? nope cause not only is disney there (the one who thinks she's a dog) but so is my oyhter cat sheba and my dog rocky. :roll:
depending on what we're eating and if he's around i also have my son in front of me waiting to share lol.

Sounds like your pets and your son have you well trained. :D
Old 09-14-2004, 05:58 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

yeah well i'm the softy. they all see right through me lmao
Old 09-15-2004, 12:05 AM   #27
Master Chef

[quote="Psiguyy"]luvs_food. You need to get your cat onto drinking water. I think your cat has strong instincts.

he drinks plenty water, he's just very finicky about WHERE he drinks it, :D
he just gets his milk as an extra. :D
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
all i know is my one cat (who thinks she's a dog) hates tuna.
but she loves mcdonald's french fries,
potato chips (pringles preferably) and yes even popcorn.
LOL ! How does your cat think she's a dog?? and how did you actually know that??
Old 09-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

moon cause she plays fetch and when you come home she's waiting at the door for you. guess you'd have to see how she is... but believe me if she could bark she would!
Old 09-16-2004, 01:26 PM   #30
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I had a dog that thought she was human. She would jump up in a chair at the kitchen table & sit with her paws on the table while my mom was cooking.