I Could Eat Like A Horse....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk said:
middie, that's the way my maltese was. She slept with her head on the pillow next to me too.

I'm jealous of all of you who's cats sleep with you. My cat refuses to lay down and sleep. He pretty much bounces off the walls and keeps me awake. He's been banned from my bedroom since he was a kitten. Every few months, I let him in to see if he'll sleep, but no joy. He hasn't changed.

Seems prefectly fine, sleeping in the recliner or wherever else he wants to, so long as he's not in my room keeping me awake.

oh my cats don't sleep with me... they sleep ON me.
no it was my cousin's pit who slept with his head next
to mine on the pillow. this was about 20 yrs ago.
man i miss that dog!!!

Psiguyy said:
luvs_food said:
georgeart, isn't it great the way that sort of thing perks them up?
advantage flea medicine helps them, too. my one cat had a reaction, though!
my one kitty has to go to the vet tomorrow, sigh. he must have a bladder infection. poor guy is straining and straining but nothing is coming out. :cry: it's so sad when the cats get sick; they don't understand why they are in pain or are feeling ucky, and it's not like you can explain it to them. okay, i'm getting tearful, i must go pet him now. poor guy.

Bet your vet will put your cat on CD food.

How long has your cat been suffering? Couldn't your vet take him in sooner? My cat's vet will always see my cat immediately if he's ill. They don't make him wait for an appointment. If there's a problem, they want to see him yesterday.

he just got sick last night. he has an appointment this afternoon. poor baby, but now he seems his usual self. he's still going to the vet, though, can't take any chances with these guys. BTW, he's been on a special food before because of a UTI, so they may well put him on it again. he did tinkle this morning, so hopefully he's doing better.
about the post with cats laying on you, oh, mine kind of take turns. this month, several of them have been alternating. my one kitty (the sick one :cry: )
lays right on my pillow. and my very old cat lays right on or next to me all of the time. my other kitty lays right on me, too.
but the one is so crabby. she usually comes and 'accepts' some pettins, but gets angry because i THINK or something like that and she leaves the room.
gotta go get the cat carrier. oh, is he gonna be mad when he sees that carrier...

he's on valium and some sort of antibiotic, and i thoght of you psiguyy, cause they did put him on the food that you were speaking of. c/f? is that it? it is a UTI.
so he's loopy and will probably pee all over the place like he did when they had him on valium before cause it makes him so out of it, but that's okay, as long as he's all right.
:D :D :D
thanks for asking!
i went and checked; it's c/d, oops. the antibiotic is clavimox. ugghhhh, they hate when they need to take medicine. he's one of the sweetest, most lovable and gentle cats you could know, but when it comes to trying to give him medication, he's a fighter!

That's good news. At least they have an idea of what's wrong. Hopefully his new diet and medications will take care of the problems.

Psiguyy said:
That's good news. At least they have an idea of what's wrong. Hopefully his new diet and medications will take care of the problems.

thanks on his behalf. my Mom and i had to wrap him in a towel- (tip for cat owners, wrap fluffkins in a towel when you're giving them meds and it's a lot easier to get thier medicine into them!!!)- and she made me give him his antibiotic, then when we tried to give him his sedative, he kept spitting it out. so we had to get my Dad to give it to him, but finally ended up putting the pieces he spit out on his food.

Ask the vet for someting called a "Piller." It's shaped like a long thin syringe with a rubber tip on the end that holds the pill.

So long as you can get the pill to the back of the tongue, the cat will swallow it. The other way is to hide it in the cat's food. There are soft cat treats that are moist and soft enough to form around the pill. You may have to cut the pill into smalle bits. Ask the vet if it's okay to cut up the pill and hide it in the treats.

thanks, psi! we definately need something like that; in fact, i'm gonna call my mom's phone and and ask her to see if the vet carries that 'piller' cause he is NOT happy about taking in this medication.
he's still just sleeping away, think i'm gonna put my one cat next to him to try and help make him better.

Luvs-Food ...

I wrap my kitties pills in cheese or ham...they think its a treat..they come running and jumping up...so I give it to both..one w/pill and one without.
Their favorite treat however is called Live a Littles they are whole chicken treats made by a natural pet co. called Halo. They are a bit costly and my husband thinks Im out of my mind but the kittens cry when they see me get out the bottle...you can even break the cubes up and sprinkle on food..amazing how they will start eating what moments before they snubbed.
As far as I'm concerned there is very little I wouldn't do for Pyewacket and Mystique...they keep me smiling and continue to bring lots of laughs and joy into our home..they will meet and greet you at the door...and then will entertain you...you too would have to love them!!

luvs_food said:
Psiguyy said:
luvs_food said:
georgeart, isn't it great the way that sort of thing perks them up?
advantage flea medicine helps them, too. my one cat had a reaction, though!
my one kitty has to go to the vet tomorrow, sigh. he must have a bladder infection. poor guy is straining and straining but nothing is coming out. :cry: it's so sad when the cats get sick; they don't understand why they are in pain or are feeling ucky, and it's not like you can explain it to them. okay, i'm getting tearful, i must go pet him now. poor guy.

Bet your vet will put your cat on CD food.

How long has your cat been suffering? Couldn't your vet take him in sooner? My cat's vet will always see my cat immediately if he's ill. They don't make him wait for an appointment. If there's a problem, they want to see him yesterday.

he just got sick last night. he has an appointment this afternoon. poor baby, but now he seems his usual self. he's still going to the vet, though, can't take any chances with these guys. BTW, he's been on a special food before because of a UTI, so they may well put him on it again. he did tinkle this morning, so hopefully he's doing better.
about the post with cats laying on you, oh, mine kind of take turns. this month, several of them have been alternating. my one kitty (the sick one :cry: )
lays right on my pillow. and my very old cat lays right on or next to me all of the time. my other kitty lays right on me, too.
but the one is so crabby. she usually comes and 'accepts' some pettins, but gets angry because i THINK or something like that and she leaves the room.
gotta go get the cat carrier. oh, is he gonna be mad when he sees that carrier...

sorry about your kitty. It's hard when your pets are sick cause they are so dependent on you. I somehow feel that my kittie's allergies are my fault. ya know.

luvs_food said:
he's on valium and some sort of antibiotic, and i thoght of you psiguyy, cause they did put him on the food that you were speaking of. c/f? is that it? it is a UTI.
so he's loopy and will probably pee all over the place like he did when they had him on valium before cause it makes him so out of it, but that's okay, as long as he's all right.
:D :D :D
thanks for asking!
i went and checked; it's c/d, oops. the antibiotic is clavimox. ugghhhh, they hate when they need to take medicine. he's one of the sweetest, most lovable and gentle cats you could know, but when it comes to trying to give him medication, he's a fighter!
Sox has been on Clavimox and some other kind of antibiotic.. but usually the only thing that helps himi is a steriod shot.
I am going to ask about prednesone (sp?) next time we go to the VET

thanks for the kind words!.
so, to update, my kitty is off of the clavimox now, we just finished giving it to him, and is his old happy self. :D
and about the putting pills in cheese, chef suz, i appreciate the advice. but my cats usually just gnaw off the cheese and spit out the pill, lol. we gave up on that one. ham might work, though! we'll have to try that one out.
:D
and georgeart, about the guilt-when-kitty-gets-sick thing, i know what you mean. it makes you so sad that you can't help them understand WHY they're sick and all.

Back
Top Bottom