I Got a Job in Food Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coballs

Assistant Cook
I got a job working in the kitchen at a "deli" more like a sandwich shop, there is nothing jewish about it.

For those of you that have read my posts, I have no formal experience at all, but this job just fell into my lap. Me and my roommate were out to eat yesterday and he mentioned his Aunt's deli back in our hometown. It was as simple as asking and I received. What's great is that I already have a relationship with her and she doesn't mind letting me work there for a month before I leave to go to Florida.

I think the hours will be like 6a.m-1p.m. which will be a shock to my college sleeping rituals. I just hope I can handle the job with out being to overwhelmed during the rushes.

Anyways, I just wanted to share with yall that have been following my posts, that I will be getting my first experience in the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you, Coballs! This will look good on your resume when you move, give you a chance to get your feet wet, help determine if this is what you want to do, and provide a reference.

Last edited:
Best of luck, energize, take a Multi Vitamin and eat properly, wear comfy shoes for the job and observe ... Smile at the clientel ... and innvoate, take notes, and enjoy the experience...

Kind regards.
Margi.

Congratulations! You can learn a lot even in a month. It gives you a chance to see if this is what you want! :)

Congratulations to you !!! Good luck and enjoy your new adventure. :)

Back
Top Bottom