I hate lamb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goat! Now there's one I keep trying to like, but wouldn't buy to cook! I've had it at Vietnamese, middle eastern, and north African restaurants, and it's a bit strong even for me. All of these lamb recipes sound delicious and I'd try them all if my freinds loved it as much as I do. Note that most recipes have a lot of spices and strong flavors to stand up to the stronger taste that lamb USED TO have (as I said, quite often now it is lacking in that yummy flavor). When I was a kid Mom used to buy lamb shanks because they were very cheap. She'd stab them with a paring knife repeatedly, and stuff a clove of garlic in each cut. Then she'd toss them on a bed of onion slices, apply tons of S&P, and roast for ages. It was a real favorite. I loved it so much that she'd make me lamb sandwiches to take to school in my lunch. She thought I was a little strange (I think still does!!).

pdswife said:
I love goat too Sarah but, it's pretty hard to find in
Washington. I eat as much as possible on our trips to Greece though. The next trip is planned for next summer and my mouth is already watering at the thought of our "welcome home dinner".

actually goat or lamb is not usually eaten in usa and europe.Whereas its a staple food in pakistan,,india, middle east and other mediterranian countries.You can find it in any of these ethnic markets,it should be there!
i think goat is a rich and very flavorful meat,you can do a whole lot of recipes with it.There's one website eg,
http://greatgoats.com/cooking.html

Back
Top Bottom