I know nothing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still think what I said about undertaking a new cooking project and cooking it up again the next time, and regarding it as not a big deal is important, at least with me it was.

When you cook a meal that takes some planning, and you do OK...well, the next time you may not be in a mood for the steps required.

What I did was mentally force myself to make up that dish again, only I forced myself to approach it as if I was simply making toast, rather than a big meal I would pat myself on the back for afterwards. That helped in my approach, because some days, you don't have the mood or attitude to make those newly discovered meals requiring many steps, a big deal event again.

It was a breakthrough for me. I approached a complicated meal as if I were tackling making toast. That helped me my attitude towards cooking complicated meals. Attitude.

I'm also replying thinking of the OP. He may have success, with a lot of effort, but repeating that can sometimes be hard.

Last edited:
Morning Clueless,
I see that you are already getting help from the folks on here ( they are a good lot) and know what they are doing
So, some things on your list are already being covered I see so I'll give you a soup and sandwich suggestion which in itself is a good lunch. Soup;
Carrot soup is good. Call it 'Halloween special' and con them. Peel and finely slice an onion, Peel and slice 6-7 carrots and chop small. Peel and chop small 2 medium size potatoes. Boil 2pts of water and add a vegetable or chicken stock cube if you have one if not, just use the water. Take a knob of butter about the size of 2 walnuts and gently fry your onion until it softens. stir now and then to stop it sticking. Add your other vegetables and water/stock and simmer ( that means just little bubbles breaking the surface) until everything is soft when you test with a knife or fork. Now, either mask all together or liquidise if you have a blender. Serve with;
These sandwiches and get some street cred from your kids;
Spread your bread with mayo and layer grated cheese and potato chips, (make that a good layer) press down with your hand to break up the chips a bit and cut into four. These are surprisingly nutritious as there is a lot of good fibre in the chips , protein in the cheese and carbohydrate in the bread but on NO account ever say the words THIS IS SO GOOD FOR YOU or you will lose the street cred you have just achieved :LOL:
Good luck, you are on your way. Now you can always post for a particular recipe as you go along ;)

Back
Top Bottom