I need help finding a dried vegetable product.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ardge

Senior Cook
USA - Chicago, Illinois ~ On a windy day, I can a
Hey everyone, I trust all of you are well. I really should make it more of a priority to hang here more often. Is there an iPhone app for this forum?? That would ROCK!

I need a favor...

A close friend of mine just called me and was asking if I ever heard of a product called Caputo's Soup Mix. He uses it in almost everything he cooks. It's his in marinade, salad dressings, sauces as well as his soups of course. He's really come to love it and he no longer has a place to get it. He's not an Internet type of guy and he asked my help. My initial search came up empty handed. I'm going to keep looking, but I would like to ask my friends on here to maybe do some sniffing around too. We both are in the Chicagoland area. Mail-order will be most helpful if you know of any leads. Thanks in advance!

RJ

you might take a look on spicesetc.com. lots of cool stuff. go to their specialties . you will see lots of soup stuff. one is veggie. hope it is what you are looking for.

i just got an order from them yesterday. green pepper jelly i have been looking for. much less expensive five spices. also chablis powder, just add water and use as regular wine.

You might want to check with him and see if he can provide the company
that makes it. Also the spelling and accuracy of the name....
because I can't find a mention of it at all. Joe Caputo & Sons grocery stores,
but no branded mixes from them....

Right.... Dead end Internet searches. That's what led me to asking you all.

I did however find a chain Italian grocery store called Caputo's. I got the address and phone for him. He's on his own from there. Maybe that's the source.

He bought the product at a meat market. It was on their shelves like next to the buns and stuff. The meat market no longer carries the product and the owner is no help in helping my friend restock his pantry. (He's kinda unfriendly and doesn't speak English too good.)

Thanks for all yer help so far.

RJ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom