I need meatball recipes please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly

Assistant Cook
As some of you guys know I am freezing a lot of dinners for my surgery tomorrow. I just thought of making meatballs but I dont have a recipe . any good ones please pass them my way. Many thanks Kelly:D

Last edited:
Meatball Recipe

These are delicious! After cooling the browned meatballs, you can easily freeze them for later.

Meatballs (Polpetti)

3 Tb Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, minced
3 Garlic, minced
1 Lb Ground Beef
1 Lb Ground Veal
1/2 Lb Ground Pork
1 1/4 C Bread Crumbs
3/4 C Pecorino Romano, grated
2 Tb Italian parsley, chopped
TT S&P
3 Eggs

Place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the three meats, bread crumbs, cheese, the cooled onion and garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and eggs.

Shape the mixture into balls approximately the size of a large egg. You should end up with 24 meatballs.

Brown the meatballs in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

This is our favorite meatball recipe and it makes a TON! I usually freeze them in several zip-loc bags so I have a few meals worth.

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 c finely chopped onion
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 lbs ground beef

Combine eggs, crumbs, ½ cup onion, salt & pepper in large bowl. Add beef. Mix well. Shape into 48 (approx) meatballs, about 1 ½” in diameter. Place meatballs in ungreased 15x10x1” baking pan (a baking sheet w/ sides). Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Drain on paper towels, add in to your sauce of choice to heat through before serving over pasta.

Don't forget the chilli peppers. The hotter the better.

They go great in a meatball.

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger or ground lamb ( lamb is much much better)
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs ( I use garlic flavored)
1/4 cup parsely
1 small onion, greated or chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
mix all ingredients together

shape in to balls

roll in flour

fry in good olive oil!!

eat

enjoy

ask for more!

These can be made into patties too. Much easier but, not as fun to eat.:)

Norwegian Meatballs

1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 egg
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 medium size onion (chopped super fine)
1/2 cup scalded milk
1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, nutmeg, allspice and ginger

Beat egg slightly and add with milk and cornstarch with meat. Mix well. Add rest of ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Form into small balls. Brown in butter, simmer slowly until done adding a little water if necessary. When done, remove meatballs, add more butter, and add flour and brown. Then add enough water to make a medium-thick gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add meatballs and gravy to a roaster. Bake with the lid on at 300 degrees for 1 hour.

Kelly, good luck tomorrow with your surgery. Hope all goes well - hurry back!!

All the recipes look great...but a special thank you to PABaker as I've never thought about baking the meatballs! Trying it soon!

Im Back

:neutral: Hello all back from surgery very sore, so my only post for the day. If goes well I will be back in the hospital in 2 weeks for a permanent implant (for my back) I'ts an unusual feeling but if it stops the pain why not, Have a great day all Kelly

Hi, Kelly! Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon...come back when you can!
49.gif

Back
Top Bottom