I need your best recipes featuring avocado!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp & avocado are always a good combo.

img_1406667_0_d0b15fac3ede7decfbefbfcaeef694c1.jpg

I don't like the bright green smooth skinned ones very much. They tend to be a bit bitter when we get them here.

Although I'm not a fan of avocado (don't dislike them - just always thought they are sort of blah, both taste and texture, although I do like dips made with them), they were readily available when we lived in the Bahamas, so ours were always fresh and ripe. They grow the smooth skinned ones there, only they call them "pears" (I bet 1/3 of the Out Island Bahamians have a pear tree in their yards).

And they are huge, sometimes as large as an average size cantaloupe. My wife likes them and she would use one avocado for 2 or 3 dishes. They don't age well once peeled and pitted, so she had avocado for 2 or 3 meals almost consecutively. One of those fruits made for a really large, party sized batch of guacamole.

Although I'm not a fan of avocado (don't dislike them - just always thought they are sort of blah, both taste and texture, although I do like dips made with them), they were readily available when we lived in the Bahamas, so ours were always fresh and ripe. They grow the smooth skinned ones there, only they call them "pears" (I bet 1/3 of the Out Island Bahamians have a pear tree in their yards).

And they are huge, sometimes as large as an average size cantaloupe. My wife likes them and she would use one avocado for 2 or 3 dishes. They don't age well once peeled and pitted, so she had avocado for 2 or 3 meals almost consecutively. One of those fruits made for a really large, party sized batch of guacamole.

There are several kinds of them. The tree we have is a smooth skin, lite green. Probably the same as in the Bahamas.

Back
Top Bottom