I need your "foodie" shopping suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one thing i gotta say. recently, i read a post from someone who said she likes this site because when you ask a question, you sure get a big response with lots of help. i agree!! i am so impressed with how intelligent, knowledgeable, articulate, funny and good hearted these dc members are. i like the occasional quirkiness and irreverence too. i really appreciate all the generous responses i've received so far to my questions and dilemmas. reading the running threads every day has become one of my more enjoyable daily interludes. would someone familiar with other common interest sites care to venture an opinion comparing this site to others? is this site i accidentally stumbled upon as extraordinary as it seems to me, or is it more or less similar or typical....

Just from what I've heard from others here, we are the best and most unique. It helps a lot that the site is so easy to use.

So many DCers have inspired me since I joined (judging by the number of posts I posted, I obviously have been contributing...although I still need to get a card for my camera). People are friendly, helpful, have a sense of humor...just a really friendly forum. I don't think there's been one "cyber fight" since I've joined--guess we're too busy cooking!

So--what else did you buy???

My response as a naturally reserved British gentleman to the comments re the quality of the people who post on this board is simply I enjoy your company.:)

So many DCers have inspired me since I joined (judging by the number of posts I posted, I obviously have been contributing...although I still need to get a card for my camera). People are friendly, helpful, have a sense of humor...just a really friendly forum. I don't think there's been one "cyber fight" since I've joined--guess we're too busy cooking!

So--what else did you buy???

i joined last month, and as with everything, i tend to "overdo" - especially in the beginning. i'll be calming down anytime now. :) still, i can't get over what a homogeneous and supportive forum we have found in dc. my shopping spree at wf yesterday was scaled down considerably by having arrived so late to the "party". while i missed most of the madness and mayhem of the protracted (organic) food fight, i sadly missed much of the most desired merchandise. i did manage to stock upon lots of gourmet soups, seasonings, tinned anchovies, kippers, clams, caviar, chopped shallots, garlic - stuff like that. my biggest and best deals were on the fabulous cheeses, and even tho i thought at the time i was going crazy overboard BLINDLY amassing so many unknown kinds, i know in my insatiable little cheese lovin' heart that too much cheese will still never be enough for me. i brought home some $160 of cheese for only 35 dollars. my initial cheeseboard snack (with the white wine) that i had that first morning at 10:30am was such an instantaneous hit w/me that it as become a daily morning brunch ritual. - prosit, till stilton's end....:)

Oh, I am so happy for you, Vitauta! I am also a bit envious of all your cheese! I wish I could stop by (with a bottle of wine and some bread, maybe some crackers). It sounds like your shopping trip was a great success even though you were late enough to make that grand entrance!:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom