"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 04-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Oh yes, it escaped my attention but I do use garlic in my sauce too
I must say, Mimiz, your problem may be in the ground turkey, and turkey bacon, even if it's of a good quality, always weaker in flavours compared to beef-pork mince + real bacon. Also make sure the tomatoes are nicely red and ripe (those on the verge of becoming on a mushy side are the ideal!)!!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13 View Post
Oh yes, it escaped my attention but I do use garlic in my sauce too
I must say, Mimiz, your problem may be in the ground turkey, and turkey bacon, even if it's of a good quality, always weaker in flavours compared to beef-pork mince + real bacon. Also make sure the tomatoes are nicely red and ripe (those on the verge of becoming on a mushy side are the ideal!)!!
I don't use tomatoes in my recipe, I use white wine, tomato paste, and milk, and I don't have a problem with the turkey meat, and turkey bacon.. It really has a very nice flavor, although I agree it is not as rich as my four meat bolognese, but Mom doesn't eat meat so I like to make this for her... I also make turkey meatballs for my sauce using the same recipe as the one for my standard meatballs..

Dad and I love meat so I do make it the original way every so often, but it's really not bad with turkey... Give it a try it might surprize you...

Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Oh sh... crap, sorry Sharon, I confused you with the OP!! (whose sauce didn't come out quite well) Of course, if you enjoy the turkey ground, that is perfectly fine, sorry about my "duh-ness"...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13 View Post
Oh sh... crap, sorry Sharon, I confused you with the OP!! (whose sauce didn't come out quite well) Of course, if you enjoy the turkey ground, that is perfectly fine, sorry about my "duh-ness"...
No problemo (thats italian for problem ) my fellow italian food lover.. It did seem like that thread got a little confusing, hope we didn't confuse the OP...
Old 04-22-2010, 02:24 AM   #15
Cook

This italian know how to make good bolognese sauce ... was in Pisa this summer and eat the best macarroni ever ...

http://www.2day2eat.com
2day2eat is offline   Reply With Quote