I wanna eat italian food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mooyong

Assistant Cook
who can make italian food pls tech me how to make good taste for spaghetti bolognese. yeterday i made it but it not good teste

sorry for bad english language
who is well in english language pls improve my sentence

Ciao, I am an Italian resident, living in Rome for 7+ years now and have an idea or two about authentic Italian cooking. Actually a recipe for Bolognese sauce can widely vary in its making, every family, every mamma has their own recipe and swear their version is the true authentic. One thing that is notably different from the Bolognese sauce known/made abroad is that, Italian bolognese sauce is very heavy on meat, also using different kind, mixing beef/pork mince, sausage, prociutto or pancetta etc., very little tomato goes in, just a few spoonful of tomato paste. Then it is cooked in broth and wine. Can you tell me what you did with your last attempt? then perhaps I can give you some suggestions.

Thanks for doing the legwork for me Alix :)

When I make it I triple the recipe as it is not much additional work and it freezes great.

:kiss: My pleasure GB. That one is a keeper in our house. Took the girls a bit to enjoy it, but that just meant more for me for a while! They appreciate it now.

Yep I looked at your recipe GB that looks very good and close to the Italian ways, except for more tomatoes, and I do prefer more tomato taste in my sauce too... I will try this one next time :cool:

Thanks guys.

Charlie, maybe next time I will add some more tomatoes to see what that is like. If it is good for the Italians then it has got to be great.

Oh and it will be the perfect season soon, the fresh, ripe tomatoes in season are the best for this!! :cool:

I make mine similiar except I too don't use all those tomatoes,and I use garlic in mine. I use to make it with four meats veal, beef, pork, and prosciutto.
Now when I make it I use ground turkey, white and dark meat, and good turkey bacon for depth of flavor..
I will try yours GB will the tomatoes, sounds yummy!!! ;):)

Oh yes, it escaped my attention but I do use garlic in my sauce too :rolleyes:
I must say, Mimiz, your problem may be in the ground turkey, and turkey bacon, even if it's of a good quality, always weaker in flavours compared to beef-pork mince + real bacon. Also make sure the tomatoes are nicely red and ripe (those on the verge of becoming on a mushy side are the ideal!)!!:cool:

Oh yes, it escaped my attention but I do use garlic in my sauce too :rolleyes:
I must say, Mimiz, your problem may be in the ground turkey, and turkey bacon, even if it's of a good quality, always weaker in flavours compared to beef-pork mince + real bacon. Also make sure the tomatoes are nicely red and ripe (those on the verge of becoming on a mushy side are the ideal!)!!:cool:

I don't use tomatoes in my recipe, I use white wine, tomato paste, and milk, and I don't have a problem with the turkey meat, and turkey bacon.. It really has a very nice flavor, although I agree it is not as rich as my four meat bolognese, but Mom doesn't eat meat so I like to make this for her... I also make turkey meatballs for my sauce using the same recipe as the one for my standard meatballs..

Dad and I love meat so I do make it the original way every so often, but it's really not bad with turkey... Give it a try it might surprize you... ;):);)

:ohmy: Oh sh... crap, sorry Sharon, I confused you with the OP!! (whose sauce didn't come out quite well) Of course, if you enjoy the turkey ground, that is perfectly fine, sorry about my "duh-ness"... :wacko:

:ohmy: Oh sh... crap, sorry Sharon, I confused you with the OP!! (whose sauce didn't come out quite well) Of course, if you enjoy the turkey ground, that is perfectly fine, sorry about my "duh-ness"... :wacko:

No problemo (thats italian for problem :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) my fellow italian food lover.. It did seem like that thread got a little confusing, hope we didn't confuse the OP... ;):)

This italian know how to make good bolognese sauce ... was in Pisa this summer and eat the best macarroni ever ...

Back
Top Bottom