I want to recreate packaged Italian Style Chicken Breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoveToCookinNC

Assistant Cook
Hello all, a few months back, as a gift, I had gotten a package of 'Italian style chicken breasts' from Omaha Steaks, they tasted fantastic, and I wanted to attempt to recreate the recipe, the only thing I really have to go on is the ingredient list though, and to be honest, I'm not really much of a chef, I just enjoy cooking.... My question is, is it possible to recreate a recipe with an ingredient list? If so, I'll post the ingredients here hoping for some help.

Thanks

LovetocookinNC

Post the list.. and some one here will come up with a great recipe for you. Tell us as much as you can about the dish too.

T

Ok, here are the ingredients, I'll list them all just as they appear on the label so I don't miss something that might be relevant...

"Ingredients: Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, Water Salt Romano Cheese Powder (Romano Cheese (Sheep and cow's milk cultures, salt, enzymes) Disodium phosphate, salt), sodium phosphate, garlic powder, corn syrup solids, sugar, hydrolyzed corn / wheat / soy protien, vegetable oil, spices lemon juice powder(corn syrup solids, lemon juice solids, bht), onion powder, natural flavor, parsley, paprika extractives, calcium silicate, browning sauce (corn syrup, caramel color, hydrolyzed corn gluten, monosodium glutamate), liquid paprika"

As far as telling you as much as I can about the dish, I'll tell you as much as I can about it, but the only things I know would be basic stuff... They come frozen, and are fairly small chicken breasts (3 oz according to the package), they have an orange/brown coloring to them and I baked them in the oven to serve... Don't know if that helps at all... I'd definitely highly recommend them to anyone.

Here is a link to the particular item on omaha steak's website:

http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=14&PCR=1:800:810&PID=null&IID=813&ITMSUF=LTJ&RAND=H7789

Pricey, but very good. Some of the best tasting chicken I think I've ever had.

I'm very new to cooking, but really enjoying it, and would love to know how to make it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help

- LoveToCookinNC

monosodium glutamate),
----------------------------------

lol, that may be one of the reasons they are very tasty right there
evil stuff tho

You'll never come really, really close because of all the stuff they use to flavor them and we can't buy in the private sector. I wish I could taste one - or someone could - I know we could come close. We'd save you a ton of money too I bet :mrgreen:

You might try a "season to taste" with the non-preservate items to see if you can get at least somewhere in the ballpark but as kitchenelf stated, food processors have access to items and tastes that we don't in the private sector.

Back
Top Bottom