If you could have one professional cooking appliance...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Professional grade or not, I often wonder why a slicer is on so many people's wish list. Personally, I see no use for one in a home kitchen.

My father had one. All it did is take up space. He probably used it as much as twice a year.

So, could somebody explain it to me?

One among many uses! Carpaccio!:yum:

I already own everything I want from a Hobart N-50, to a Robot Coupe R2 food processor, Vita Mix 4000 blender, small commercial slicer, 24 qt and up stockpots, etc. I can't think of a thing I need.

Oh, my goodness! How could I forget THAT one! :ohmy: Haven't made any lately but you can't beat an electric slicer (and a freezer) for perfect carpaccio!

Arugula, shaved Parm and a little dressing! You should never forget!;)

Yes, this please. Have it delivered to my apartment posthaste.

I'd love a nice Viking range...

41O96osniWL.jpg

I discovered that the most important commercial appliance was ventilation. The next is heat. Pro style ranges are nice but still not commercial ranges. Power burners are paltry compared to the jet engine of a commercial wok burner (125,000 btu) Then comes the sharp knife--not fancy or expensive, just razor sharp. Finally comes the knowledge to use these tools.

I had to settle for good ventilation, a good pro style range, a sharp knife and a great culinary education (which began at home).

The reality is I gots what I needs. But I do like my KA 600 and my Vitamix.

Right now I'd settle for a second dishwasher...really handy when entertaining.

Never considered an Alto-Shaam, I am more inclined towards a steam table. That said, I wouldn't have to buy any additional steam table pans...I have scads of them.

I have always wanted a restaurant sized griddle. A salamander would come in very handy too.

I have always wanted a restaurant sized griddle. A salamander would come in very handy too.

Hey, GB.

My church moved a few years ago and the new building is equipped with a small, commercial grade kitchen.

If I remember correctly, on condition of having a large gas range, the County required a Halon System equipped hood which I think was in the $15,000 range.

Yeesh.

A walk in refrigerator & freezer so I can expand on my attempts to stockpile & hoard food for the possibility of a famine.

Since Santa put an Induction range and convection oven in my stocking, my next big "need" would be a self standing griddle to go with the bigger kitchen in the bigger house. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom