I'm making chili for 100. Any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoops! Sorry it's chili with beans but I used dried not canned. In Ohio we like beans with our chili.

That's why some call chili con frijoles - Cincinati Chili. Up here in Michigan, you know, that place dubbed the wolverine state by Buckeyes, we like beans in our chili as well, especially kidney beans.

It's all good. I've only had a very few bowls of chili that I didn't like. And they were at a chili cookoff where they were made to taste like anything but chili. I tell ya, some people's kids...:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I put small red kidney like beans, kidney beans, and cranberry beans (they taste like kidney beans) for extra color. But I gotta have my kidney beans!

If I recall, Cincinnati chili has chocolate in it, too. It has a whole bunch of ingredients. I just made some last year. But yes, served over pasta.

Thank you. I'm always happy to learn something new, even if I'm being corrected. For if I make a mistake, it's good to learn from that mistake. you guys are great.;) Now, I don't have to look silly the next time I refer to Cincinnati Chili.

yup, just not in reference to cincinnati chili. ;)

i love cincinnati chili, and i've only had it in steubenville, dayton, and oddly enough gary, indiana. never the namesake.

hopefully, someday.

some of the guys with whom i work who've travelled a lot with cbs sports say that something like cincinnati skyline chili is the best.

what's the skyline reference? anyone know?

Thank you. I'm always happy to learn something new, even if I'm being corrected. For if I make a mistake, it's good to learn from that mistake. you guys are great.;) Now, I don't have to look silly the next time I refer to Cincinnati Chili.

:question: What??? You don't make mistakes! :question:

You just shattered my image of you! Who can I come to for cooking advice if you make mistakes?

Back
Top Bottom