I'm Surprised It's Working So Well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks.

I actually have been walking incidentally. SO cannot drive right now so I have promised to take her wherever whenever. All she has to do is ask. Since she is a shopper, I get to do some walking around Kohl's, Stop and Shop, BBB, etc, in addition to weekly shopping. we have not yet started walking without a destination.

Thanks.

I actually have been walking incidentally. SO cannot drive right now so I have promised to take her wherever whenever. All she has to do is ask. Since she is a shopper, I get to do some walking around Kohl's, Stop and Shop, BBB, etc, in addition to weekly shopping. we have not yet started walking without a destination.

Andy, find a lake or pond. It is amazing all the things Mother Nature has hidden in those places. Before you know it, you are back at your starting point. Some of the best walks I ever took was with the Girl Scouts around a pond. And when I was small, I have some very fond memories of walking around Jamaica Pond. There is a pair on nesting Bald Eagles in the area. They sure weren't there when I was a kid. :angel:

Walking regularly can really get you in shape, although beware, you may not notice weight loss that much. I noticed after I had been walking for four months, people thought I had dropped a ton of weight, but the reality was I weighed pretty close to the same. The weight had just rearranged to become muscle and that was fine by me.

If you can find a hill to walk up and down, especially one with a long gentle slope, that would be even better. Just make sure your knees are up to it, because coming down a hill is easy on everything but your knees.

Side note: I've been working to get below 250 Lbs and finally made it. My next door neighbor, a nice little mother of two, was complaining to me that she was upset she went from 78 Lbs. to 91 Lbs. during the period when her two kids were born!!!

Walking regularly can really get you in shape, although beware, you may not notice weight loss that much. I noticed after I had been walking for four months, people thought I had dropped a ton of weight, but the reality was I weighed pretty close to the same. The weight had just rearranged to become muscle and that was fine by me.

If you can find a hill to walk up and down, especially one with a long gentle slope, that would be even better. Just make sure your knees are up to it, because coming down a hill is easy on everything but your knees.

You will find you have more energy as time passes. I stopped riding my scooter down to the lobby to get my mail. When I first started do it, I was lucky to make it back upstairs to my apartment. Today, I find myself running down the long hall to the elevator. A couple of times I didn't feel like waiting for the elevator, and went down the stairs. I still can't go up stairs though. Maybe, in time.

Keep plugging away at it Andy. Just think how surprised your doctor will be the next time you see him. And we ALL are rooting for you. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom