Ingredient stuffup - Help me fix it please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aldei

Assistant Cook
My daughter was making Power Balls late at night. She had doubled her usual mixture but instead of adding 2 tbsps of carob powder she used 2 cups!

The rest of the ingredients are as follows:
4 cups of oats
2 " chopped dates/dried fruit
1 " coconut
1 " raisins
1 " almonds
4 tbsps tahini
2 " honey
2 " vanilla
4 " water

Does anyone have any idea how to salvage this recipe without having to make enough for an army??

If its POWDER, you should be pretty OK. Those will just be some chocolatey powerballs. You might need to add a bit more honey, tahini and water.

Have you made these before? Do you know the basic consistency you are looking for? I'd say go for it with what you have and if you need to add some more honey and other "wet" ingredients or sweet ingredients just wing it.

Just guessing here but from the ingredients I would guess that it is something similar to a power bar- energy bar type of thing. As for the added chocolate, if the redipe needs to be cooked I would first try to cook up a small portion of it and see how that tastes. If you need to make some changes you will have a better idea what changes to make. I am guessing that you might need to add more sweetener for one thing.

ingredient stuffup

Thanks for your help guys. A power ball is a healthy ball that you mix all together & pop in the fridge until it sets.

If the correct amt of ingredients are used it tastes really good!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom