Ingredients that make anything taste good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be lost without onions and garlic as a staple in my foods.

At work, lately, I've been using shallots and garlic for many things, and I've even been keeping a melange of minced fresh thyme and rosemary in one of my reach-ins. Just a pinch adds a lot of flavor to many things.

Now that we have some Tex-Mex items on the menu, I've been giving those a squirt of lime juice to help the flavor.

I have begun experimenting with Herbs de Provence as well. I have a small bottle of the mix that I mixed up myself. I have most of the herbs for that on hand anyway, with the only exception being savory. There's one grocery store in town that carries savory, and it ain't cheap. I may resort to growing my own if I notice that I really start using Herbs de Provence.

my "secret ingredient" is dried Herbes de Provence. comes in a jar in the spice section of your grocery store, or you can order it online at Vanns Spices

I love this stuff... I use it along with steak seasoning and Emerils when I roast meats, add it to vegetables, in soups... great stuff...

agree with all the ingredients that's been posted.......I also think that a roux is wonderful ingredient for gumbos, etouffes, and shrimp creoles. Also, incorporating homemade beef and chicken broths into recipes.........

I find that if people don't like the taste of my food, I just feed them some beer or wine until they like it! Doesn't work for kids though...

Back
Top Bottom