Instant blending flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Has anyone heard of this before? I'm sitting here watching Paula Dean and she's using it in a soup. Has anyone tried it? Whats your opinion?

Thats what I thought. Cause sometimes its a pain getting the flour and the water all blended so you don't get any lumps. I think I'll have to see if my grocery store sells it. If not then maybe WalMart does.

I sure wish there was a Walmart close to here.

Or maybe I don't. We buy too much crap when ever we go into one. lol

She may be talking about WONDRA, a Pillsbury product. It's a specially milled flour. The different shape of the granules promotes easier blending, reducing clumping tendencies.

Wondra? Never heard of it but will look for it. I guess I was never exposed to it as mom always used flour and water to thicken bases. Thanks again.....I'll look for it.

I've used it, and it works great in gravies and sauces. You kids haven't heard of it because it came out so long ago...like 35-40 years. It was highly advertised at the time.

Constance said:
I've used it, and it works great in gravies and sauces. You kids haven't heard of it because it came out so long ago...like 35-40 years. It was highly advertised at the time.

Did you just call me a kid...............:kiss: ........THANKS!!!! Considering....the big 40 is less than 2 weeks away you just made my day.

Wondra flour is very good to use when makiing crepes. It absorbs the milk and eggs quickly. You can buy it in 5# bags in some places. I wish that I could in CA as the canisters are expensive per lb. I am forever running out of it.

SizzlininIN said:
Did you just call me a kid...............:kiss: ........THANKS!!!! Considering....the big 40 is less than 2 weeks away you just made my day.

Yeah you are a kid compared to me!I see the big year 76 looming in the distance. It is all relative you know. :LOL:

If it's Wondra Flour in a blue canister--I just LOVE that stuff because I could not make a decent gravy before it came on the market . When I'm making a stroganoff or a stew and you need to flour the meat I'll take about a quarter of a cup of Wondra add 1 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. of pepper(more to your taste) put it in a large baggie and then add the meat. Shake until covered and you are ready to roll. I had no idea that it has been around as long as that, Constance, and I'm older than that young chick, SizzlininIN--learn something everyday. Love this site and the people!!

Back
Top Bottom