Is grapeseed oil >>> olive oil???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought almond oil was the preferred massage oil.

;) I like lavender oil......

As for Grapeseed oil.... It's possibly the "best for you" flavorless oil... great to use in combo with nut oils like hazelnut or walnut for salad dressings. And as the others have said, has a higher smoke point than olive oil.

I thought almond oil was the preferred massage oil.

Been a masseur for nineteen years. Blend my own massage oil, and I use two parts sweet almond, which is a very fine, fast oil, two parts grapeseed oil, a much stickier, slower oil, one part hempseed oil, an incredible moisturizer and skin rejuvenater, and one part Ayurvedic sesame oil from India, for its restorative properties and scent. It contains the essences of 25 different herbs and flowers. Bodyworkers in spa settings usually use what the shop provides, often canola oil, because it's cheap, with a small amount of essential oil for scent. I eat the first three, but don't use them for cooking. My preferred cooking oils are oo, evoo, raw coconut, and peanut oil for the wok.

;) I like lavender oil......

My fiance prefers lavender as well. For massages I use a blend of lavender, rose and sandal wood.

Thinking about it though....is it edible? I mean, it is just extracted oil right? Why not make a liquid form of Herbes de Provence? It would be more concentrated than fresh and possibly dried forms.

Back
Top Bottom