Is it safe to deepfry in a pan on the stove?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got a deep fryer for our wedding in May, and have never even had it out of the box. I keep thinking I should sell it or try to take it back. It is really nice, but we just don't deep fry.

Using a pan means you're gonna need more oil due to the flat base causing it to spread thin. Its not unsafe to do so, just messy. I'd recommend you to get one of those woks since their rounded bottoms would allow you to submerge the ingredient without using much oil. If it's for commercial purpose, a deep-fryer would be practical, but unhealthy since the large volume of oil required for it to operate encourages users to reuse to oil more.

It is neither messy or unsafe. And it is not any more unhealthy than regular deep fryer. When in town, go to Hockenberg, it is a restaraunt supply place. They sell the pots with basket insert just for that purpose. Inexpensive too.

I deep fry so seldom that it is always on a pan on the stove. More care, and PLEASE keep the lid to the pan at hand, especially if it's gas (I'm getting ready for bed and didn't read the whole line). Grease fires are a pain (not to mention dangerous), so have that pot lid ready to smother everything should you have a flame drip over the edge!

Hmmmmm... deep fried wings tossed with Frank's Red Hot Sauce and melter butter, and a side bowl of blue cheese dressing, and some crisp celery!!!

Doood, you are so making me want to run to the store and buy some wings. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom