"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
Chief Eating Officer

I will use the same analogy I always use when this topic comes up.

I feel it is sort of like driving without a seatbelt. Just because you have always done it and never got hurt does not make it safe. That one time you do get sick you will be wishing you tossed it.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #32
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecactuswill
Thats what I would do. Its much better to know what happened to your food and know the limits. As for going out and eating, does anyone have any idea how often this happens to the food you eat? All the time.

The ONLY time I've ever had food poisoning in my entire life, has been when I ate from a restaurant. And equally, the only times that food gives me an upset stomach, is take-out food, never when I eat from home.

Your point seemed to be that restaurants were the source of food poisoning. See the bolded parts of you post and the all caps ONLY for emphasis.

I have had the opposite experience from you and was suggesting that food poisoning can happen anywhere.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #33
Senior Cook

i think anyone who has sat next to the toilet throwing up and curled up in a fetal position in pain, drinking nothing but gatorade for two days will vote for you to toss out the food...
Old 09-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveb

And another thought, too.Every single American (read US) citizen who has ever been here in my house wants to eat chicken. No seafood, no steak, no lamb, no goat, no pork, no quail - CHICKEN.
Again - thoughts, people. Perhaps I think too much!!
I liked your thoughts, and I would be honored to have you cook goat for me, or any other local speciality. A recent side road trip brought me driving near a local farmer who sells 1/2 goats for roasting and stews. Waiting for the cooler days of fall to take him up on it. You bet!