Karen again. Actually I did Google it after I posted. It was in a Dear Abby column about the pancake mix but there was also another incident reported with brownie mix and the person died. Both had a food and/or mold allergy history. I'd still be careful though, you don't always know what you are allergic to until after you've had the reaction and, for a couple dollars wasted on an old mix, getting sick or making somebody else sick just isn't worth it.
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.